The Student Room Group

My bf still loves his ex not me...

I've been with my boyfriend for a year now and Ive recently found out that he is still in love with his ex from 2 years ago and doesn't love me. They were together for 9 months and she cheated on him and treated him like a rubbish!I was wondering if it is still possible to love someone after they treated you like crap for so long after 2 years when you have been with someone else for one year...?I don't know what to do!
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
I'm sure it's still possible to love them, my boyfriend at the moment is my first serious boyfriend and I love him a massive deal, I hope that we don't ever break up I love our relationship that much, however if we did, I'm sure a part of me would always love him. Love is strong, even if something terrible like cheating or a girlfriend who treats you like **** happens, if the love is there, it's really hard to shake off that feeling. If I were you I would definitely dump him, don't be mean about it, I'm sure he probably didn't want to hurt you and does love you too, but you can't be around for something after 2 years when they still love somebody else...why would you want to be second best when you can be somebody's first choice.
Original post by natalieoneill
I'm sure it's still possible to love them, my boyfriend at the moment is my first serious boyfriend and I love him a massive deal, I hope that we don't ever break up I love our relationship that much, however if we did, I'm sure a part of me would always love him. Love is strong, even if something terrible like cheating or a girlfriend who treats you like **** happens, if the love is there, it's really hard to shake off that feeling. If I were you I would definitely dump him, don't be mean about it, I'm sure he probably didn't want to hurt you and does love you too, but you can't be around for something after 2 years when they still love somebody else...why would you want to be second best when you can be somebody's first choice.

Agreed here, he shouldn't have gotten with you if he felt like this, so yes best to get rid of him and let him sort himself out.
Reply 4
Thank you for answering :smile: it's hard though because everything he does towards me and says indicate that he does love me. He has even said to his friends that I'm perfect and so good to him! Could he love both of us at the same time?
Reply 5
Bump
Yes it's still possible for him to love her and really, there's no point you questioning that. If he's convinced he still loves her - whether he does or not - then he's not in a healthy relationship with you. You should get out of it - there's nothing you can do to convince him otherwise. Love is a complicated thing and can't be reasoned with.
Did he tell you that he loves his ex, or do you just think he does?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending