Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone take this paper today?
    How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, yes I wasn't that happy with how I did (chose 1st and 3rd questions) and probably should have chosen 2nd instead of the one on Napoleon! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    yh I took the french rev one today ^^ Its not the easiest of papers but still petty pleased with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamela124)
    yh I took the french rev one today ^^ Its not the easiest of papers but still petty pleased with it
    What questions did you answer?

ReputationRep:
    I did qs 1 & 2.

The question on the Civil Code was in my mock - I couldn't do it then and I couldn't do it today! So I chose the religion question. I thought it went alright, could have developed my points more and I was kicking myself after about really obvious things I left out but overall I was happy. You just don't have time to really think things through.

I swear this paper is really uncommon - I guess it's because it's hard. At least grade boundaries are a bit lower though :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mabes)
    I did qs 1 & 2.

The question on the Civil Code was in my mock - I couldn't do it then and I couldn't do it today! So I chose the religion question. I thought it went alright, could have developed my points more and I was kicking myself after about really obvious things I left out but overall I was happy. You just don't have time to really think things through.

I swear this paper is really uncommon - I guess it's because it's hard. At least grade boundaries are a bit lower though :cute:
    Yeah I chose the Napoleon question, but I think that the question you did would have been better!!! Had the same problem on the 24 marker, complete mind blank over some of the reforms!!
    Yes, but I am glad we did it because it is quite an interesting time period! Yeah they are 46/72 for an A and apparently 58/72 for full UMS!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm so glad to have studied it! Fascinating, and really useful seeing as I want to study history at uni
    I was actually in a different class at the start of the year doing appeasement, but I'd done it at GCSE so found it really boring. Switching was the best decision

What are you doing for unit 2? I'm doing Mao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mabes)
    Yeah I'm so glad to have studied it! Fascinating, and really useful seeing as I want to study history at uni
    I was actually in a different class at the start of the year doing appeasement, but I'd done it at GCSE so found it really boring. Switching was the best decision

What are you doing for unit 2? I'm doing Mao
    Same, I want to study history at uni too! Yeah, we did League of Nation and Nazi Germany at GCSE and I am so glad we branched out to French Revolution, we are doing the breakdown in relations between America and Britain so the Seven Years' War to (and including!) the American War of Independence for unit 2.
    Mao would have been amazing though, with the Cultural Revolution, they've just changed the GCSE at my school and they are doing Mao (and Indian Independence) and I am so jealous!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by books28)
    What questions did you answer?
    I answered the first 2 ^^ seeing as I hadnt even looked at napoleon during revision, I thought it was pretty inevitable to do the first two xD Funnily enough the question on the Assembly of notables came up in the Jan 2010 paper which I had just done the night before so I started off alright :P

I did struggle with the question mentioning the Revolt of the nobles as I ran out of things to say about the revolt so most of my essay consisted of reasons why it wasnt as important :'>

tbf its sort of bitter sweet tht the terror didnt come up cuz its such a dodgy period yet theres lots of things to write about sooo meh I liked the paper I guess xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamela124)
    I answered the first 2 ^^ seeing as I hadnt even looked at napoleon during revision, I thought it was pretty inevitable to do the first two xD Funnily enough the question on the Assembly of notables came up in the Jan 2010 paper which I had just done the night before so I started off alright :P

I did struggle with the question mentioning the Revolt of the nobles as I ran out of things to say about the revolt so most of my essay consisted of reasons why it wasnt as important :'>

tbf its sort of bitter sweet tht the terror didnt come up cuz its such a dodgy period yet theres lots of things to write about sooo meh I liked the paper I guess xD
    We had also done the assembly of notables before and only 2 people in my year did the Napoleon question! :P Same as well, it was quite difficult...

Yeah, the terror is so dodgy but so interesting but as it was on the past 2 papers I guessed it wouldn't be!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.