The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele University Entry Grades

I amcurrently in experiencing a slight predicament. I have just completed my ASlevel History re-sit this morning and I am quite unconvinced as to whether I didas well as I ought to have, I needed a grade B and I have an unnerving feeling Iachieved a grade C once again. I is not quintessential that I achieve this gradebut it will make it far more difficult overall to accumulate the necessaryamount of UMS marks to achieve an overall grade B. My unconditional offer isbenched at BBB but I am not sure that will be completely possible now. My questionis this: will Keele scrutinise me for achieving BBC? I need to be mentallyprepared for a potentially disappointing outcome in August. Have any previousstudents found they have been allowed to take their place despite not fullyachieving the requirements?
Reply 1
Sorry about how some of the words are stuck together, this of course is not intentional. Essentially just need to know if Keele may be somewhat lenient towards the possibility off achieving one grade lower than intended.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Completely depends on the course and subject tutor however, being one grade off, your chances should be good. Do you already have 2 B's or are You expecting them in august too?
Reply 3
I am waiting until August, I'm rather confident about my other subjects. The course I intend to study would be Politics & International Relations of which I'm led to believe is a popular course, especially at Keele. What exactly is it you study and what year?

By the way thanks for your reply, it has certainly put my mind (somewhat) at ease.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Currently on a gap year but i am starting english literature&philosophy this september, despite not achieving the grades for my conditional offer (failed a retake) - they still accepted me after i contacted them.
Reply 5
Ah well perhaps I will see you come septmeber, thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest