Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sooooo, I did the M1 paper yesterday...

I wish I never revised for it.

How did you guys find it? It's the hardest exam I've done in my life, and I'm saying this, finding June 2009 M1 paper a breeze.

ReputationRep:
    which board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    which board?

Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    The paper was tough. I got moments right but completely messed up suvat part 5. c) and d) and part b) of the lift, expecting 60-65 marks (not as bad as some but I was getting 95-100 ums in past papers)

ReputationRep:
    SAME think i got around 50 i was getting 70+ in Past papers

ReputationRep:
    I started from the back to front, for some damn reason the last question was a breeze for me.. the rest lol...

When I got to the moments question I couldn't do ANY of it, and after wasting 40 minutes I just gave up. I felt like **** because I revised since January for M1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smko)
    SAME think i got around 50 i was getting 70+ in Past papers

Ditto I think I topped 45 marks, no way I could of got more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Frieza)
    Ditto I think I topped 45 marks, no way I could of got more.
    Dont worry bro! same boat

Yep, I've been getting over 95% in timed past papers/mocks and then this exam comes along and it feels like it's completely misrepresented how well I should've done in the exam.

It makes me really angry, feels like all of the revision was wasted because all of the questions seemed to have a 'twist' to the normal style. Maybe somebody else wrote this paper, as I usually recognise the different scenarios in the questions that are common to all the papers. With this one, I didn't recognise how to work towards the solutions.

Hopefully the grade boundaries will go down, I've spoken to about 10 other people and they've all said the same thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAdamson)
    Yep, I've been getting over 95% in timed past papers/mocks and then this exam comes along and it feels like it's completely misrepresented how well I should've done in the exam.

It makes me really angry, feels like all of the revision was wasted because all of the questions seemed to have a 'twist' to the normal style. Maybe somebody else wrote this paper, as I usually recognise the different scenarios in the questions that are common to all the papers. With this one, I didn't recognise how to work towards the solutions.

Hopefully the grade boundaries will go down, I've spoken to about 10 other people and they've all said the same thing!

I know how you feel man. This year was supposed to be my A in Maths year.

I made some ****tard mistakes in C1 and now this M1, unless I get 100% in C2 **** it I'm retaking the year. And ****ing Gove took our Jan exams so I have no other choice, noway I'm doing M1 along with my A2, it's hard enough with retarded exam making people.

I really hate when they do this like 'Eh let's make em study for 5 months and **** with them in the end HERP DeRp'

Ass holes.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have the model answers?? Please i need to check my answers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol plebs, it was piss easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farwaismail)
    Does anybody have the model answers?? Please i need to check my answers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rupLR...BX5q_Xwol7cPve

I havent watched it yet. I can't bring myself to

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have the model anwers for m1? The pdf format please??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heypopsicle)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rupLR...BX5q_Xwol7cPve

I havent watched it yet. I can't bring myself to
    Thankyouuu!! But can you get me a pdf format cause a video just takes too much timeee! But thankyou loads anywaysss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farwaismail)
    Thankyouuu!! But can you get me a pdf format cause a video just takes too much timeee! But thankyou loads anywaysss

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is one here!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...answers+summer

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh i've been trying this link but it says this file is corrupted, both on my ipad and iphone :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I started from the back to front, for some damn reason the last question was a breeze for me.. the rest lol...

When I got to the moments question I couldn't do ANY of it, and after wasting 40 minutes I just gave up. I felt like **** because I revised since January for M1

For the second part of moments I actually just gave up wrote w= 67.5 and decided I might as well get the method marks for part b... lol my length was like 157 m *sighs*
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiina_Tee)
    For the second part of moments I actually just gave up wrote w= 67.5 and decided I might as well get the method marks for part b... lol my length was like 157 m *sighs*
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao...

The hardest part for me was comprehending the two babies sitting down.

Was it the same baby warping at the speed of light to both sides of the plank or two different babies. OR were there even babies? I hope I get marks for drawing the particle at A and B.

You know what **** it, I failed that exam, good game edexcel. xD

ReputationRep:
    Lmao...

The hardest part for me was comprehending the two babies sitting down.

Was it the same baby warping at the speed of light to both sides of the plank or two different babies. OR were there even babies? I hope I get marks for drawing the particle at A and B.

You know what **** it, I failed that exam, good game edexcel. xD

Lol I did that question like 4 times im like wait will come to me I ended up with like 3 unknowns...
    And I dont think you were suppose to model i the babies as two separate particles it said when he moves or something IDK..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.