The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxstace123xx
Oh my, clearly when I was trying to complete the application form quickly I became a bit dense.

I've answered 'Fee Payer' with 'Private finance' ... which is not true! I think I must have thought fee payer for the form (as I say, dense moment)

Will this be an issue?

I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue!
Try not to worry!
Reply 2161
Second reference done. Application sent... Now I wait. I guess I should book my skills tests now.
Oh my, clearly when I was trying to complete the application form quickly I became a bit dense.

I've answered 'Fee Payer' with 'Private finance' ... which is not true! I think I must have thought fee payer for the form (as I say, dense moment)

Will this be an issue?

Thank you for asking this question!! I stupidly thought the exact same and just rang UCAS to check. I haven't fully sent my application as I'm still waiting on one reference but he basically told me that once I've sent it I have to call UCAS straight away and they can change it students loan company. If you wait too long you have to inform every university of the change in status.

First time posting on here since I was an undergraduate!! Finished application on Wednesday and now only waiting for one reference but even so the wait is killing me! :colondollar:
Original post by Glendstar
Thank you for asking this question!! I stupidly thought the exact same and just rang UCAS to check. I haven't fully sent my application as I'm still waiting on one reference but he basically told me that once I've sent it I have to call UCAS straight away and they can change it students loan company. If you wait too long you have to inform every university of the change in status.

First time posting on here since I was an undergraduate!! Finished application on Wednesday and now only waiting for one reference but even so the wait is killing me! :colondollar:

Ah I sent mine off on Wednesday, hope it isn't too late to change it because I have already informed the courses of something else that I did wrong, not going to look great haha!

Edit: Sorted :smile: She said you can change it most times in the application process because people may change their circumstances of being able to pay.
(edited 10 years ago)
Ah I sent mine off on Wednesday, hope it isn't too late to change it because I have already informed the courses of something else that I did wrong, not going to look great haha!

Edit: Sorted :smile: She said you can change it most times in the application process because people may change their circumstances of being able to pay.

Oh that's good. I bet we're not the only people that made that mistake to be honest! Or at least I hope so lol.
Reply 2165
Original post by Airfairy
Has anyone applied to Edge Hill, Cumbria or Sheffield Hallam? Have you got even an acknowledgement?

I just heard - my interview is 17th Dec :smile:
hey I have a quick question. I have completed my form and cannot seem to Pay/send it yet? Why is that? Can anyone please help me!
Original post by JMR26
I just heard - my interview is 17th Dec :smile:

Thanks for letting me know...now I want my interview! If I get one! Like I said above though, I would think different subjects would be different with how they roll out the interviews. Good luck with the interview anyway! :smile:

How did you find out?
Reply 2168
Original post by cinderella25
hey I have a quick question. I have completed my form and cannot seem to Pay/send it yet? Why is that? Can anyone please help me!

Have both of your referees completed the references?
My manager has received the request and will have my reference done today or Monday, hopefully! Eek.
Heard this morning I have an interview at Chichester! Wow
Original post by Fen2k
Have both of your referees completed the references?

Oh yeah I just checked and it says that I can only pay/send after my referees have completed writing my reference.

I have just emailed them to let them know I have applied and that I am now waiting for them to complete their part- hopefully by this week!

Thank you for your fast response!!!! :smile:

Original post by smiler000

Well done !Exciting,my reference finally finished this morning so I've now sent everything, hopefully i'll hear something soon, fingers crossed !
Reply 2173
Original post by cinderella25
Oh yeah I just checked and it says that I can only pay/send after my referees have completed writing my reference.

I have just emailed them to let them know I have applied and that I am now waiting for them to complete their part- hopefully by this week!

Thank you for your fast response!!!! :smile:

No worries and good luck.
Has anyone heard from Newman or Birmingham for primary PGCE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smiler000

Congrats ! When's it for ?
No reply from my email asking my referee when she plans to complete it. She normally emails me back the morning after receiving an email, or in her lunch break, or straight after school. I've heard nothing and I'm starting to get frustrated with the whole process. It's not fair on us, or the referee. We're all being rushed when this could be done before the courses open.
Reply 2177
Original post by alabelle
No reply from my email asking my referee when she plans to complete it. She normally emails me back the morning after receiving an email, or in her lunch break, or straight after school. I've heard nothing and I'm starting to get frustrated with the whole process. It's not fair on us, or the referee. We're all being rushed when this could be done before the courses open.

Mate, I feel your pain. Our referees are doing us a favour by writing this reference and therefore, I found it really hard to be pushy. I did say something on the lines of I know you are all really busy, but do you know when you will be able to complete the reference? Fortunately for me, my referee has just completed now. I think there is a very fine line between being nice but slightly pushy, to being annoying and demanding. Sure, at work when you need something done (not as a favour) you can afford to fall more towards the latter. But when you are asking someone to do you a favour.... I really can't. Alabelle, I really cross fingers for you. I said earlier in this topic that waiting for references puts too much pressure on the applicant and the referee.
Original post by alabelle

I really feel for you and totally agree that it's unfair. I don't see how it would affect the process if they opened it two weeks before and then gave everyone time to get references sorted. The fact UCAS only sends a reminder two weeks in (when some courses may have closed!) is awful.
Original post by miss_disney
Congrats ! When's it for ?

Madly enough I don't know! Apparently emails went out today but you have to log in to a booking system but it's not set up to accept the credentials they sent yet! It should be available tonight !! I will let you know when I've seen the options and what the interviews will include!! How are you doing? Any news? I got a rejection from Sussex uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending