The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2900
Original post by Ilovescience01
Congrats on the interviews! Could you give me a rough idea of the scope of the scientific tests? Nothing specific, but I have an interview at Greenwich on Wednesday (Yay!) for Secondary Biology and want to know how much an what I need to swot up on.

Unfortunately, the only interview I've had so far didn't have any scientific testing, and the interview with it isn't until wednesday. What I can say, though, is that it will be testing both GCSE level knowledge, and ideas of somewhat lateral thinking (I'm physics, and an example I've seen was "if the Earth's axis was tilted clockwise by 15 degrees, what would be the effect on the length of daylight in the UK?)
Original post by tory88
Unfortunately, the only interview I've had so far didn't have any scientific testing, and the interview with it isn't until wednesday. What I can say, though, is that it will be testing both GCSE level knowledge, and ideas of somewhat lateral thinking (I'm physics, and an example I've seen was "if the Earth's axis was tilted clockwise by 15 degrees, what would be the effect on the length of daylight in the UK?)

Actually that is really helpful - I was (probably stupidly) worrying about revising A-level and degree stuff! Good luck on your interview on Wednesday - we are interview buddies!
Reply 2902
Got an offer from IOE soo happy!! Such a quick response too as interview was yesterday!!!
Original post by Jadey-xo
I cannot access them either, it appears they've moved where they are on the website and this is causing the problem.

There are quiet a few errors on the practice tests also which gives me no hope for the real tests!

Original post by 4ndy888
i cant get on the skills test online either!

After a bit of searching around and googling, I have found two short cuts to the online practice tests, which I thought I'd share :smile:

Numeracy: http://www.education.gov.uk/QTS/Numeracy/assessment_engine.html

Literacy: http://www.education.gov.uk/QTS/Literacy/assessment_engine.html
Hey, I have an interview that day too! Feeling very nervous about it!!
Interview at Chichester for Secondary English! Have to book it online, and it hasn't refreshed to allow me to choose from dates yet though, so I don't know when it is! Getting nervous about my interview for the SCITT though, so many different aspects! Educational themes...I'm assuming this is just a talk on issues?
Original post by Sara Jayne
Hey, I have an interview that day too! Feeling very nervous about it!!

Hi Sara - were you replying to me? Wednesday feels very close - especially as I got the email inviting me for interview two hours ago! Where is your interview and in what? I'm so nervous!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2907
This might sound a silly question but for my interview it says to bring original/copies of English maths and science qualifications and then 'any other relevant qualifications'.

As i'm applying for primary, should I take all my qualification certificates or is maths english and science all I need?
Original post by Jadey-xo
I cannot access them either, it appears they've moved where they are on the website and this is causing the problem.

There are quiet a few errors on the practice tests also which gives me no hope for the real tests!

Numeracy First! £20, but definitely very good!
Reply 2909
Original post by mango93
Well done to all with interviews/offers!
Has anyone heard anything from Roehampton, Kings or Goldsmiths for Secondary English? :smile:

Yes had my kings interview today for secondary english
Reply 2910
Anyone else heard from IOE today? For secondary english
Original post by tory88
Offer for the IoE! So happy as now this takes the pressure off of my other interviews, and I don't have to worry about what I do if I don't get in.

Congratulations on your offer! I just found out I have an interview for IoE for biology and I just wondered how the interview was? I'm so excited and nervous at the same time as it's my first choice!
Has anybody heard back from Bishop Grosseteste for Primary PGCE?
Original post by bbbbbecki
Hi! I have an interview at YSJ for Lower Primary on the 17th, I'm so nervous!
I have an interview that day too, feeling very nervous!!!!
Original post by steph_cook92
I was there on Wednesday too, I'm trying to think if I remember you lol

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful :frown: did they say why? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

No :frown: They said if you wish to apply in future years then you may want to gain some more experience... worked in the school for 4 months, I don't know what else they want.. ahhhh
Interview for Greenwich Thursday :smile: Yay!
Reply 2916
Original post by beccamoore220493
Interview for Greenwich Thursday :smile: Yay!

is that for primary?
Reply 2917
Original post by andrea199
How did your Roehampton Interview go? :smile:

Heya I think it went okay tbh I'm really not sure! I gave it my best effort. Just found out from wandsworth I've been unsuccessful due to interview clash which is a bit annoying! have you finished your application? :-)
Reply 2918
Original post by descartes93
offer from the ioe for secondary english! So happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congratulations!!! Amazing :smile:
Reply 2919
Original post by cutbat
Heya I think it went okay tbh I'm really not sure! I gave it my best effort. Just found out from wandsworth I've been unsuccessful due to interview clash which is a bit annoying! have you finished your application? :-)

Hi there, I have my interview with Roehampton on the 18th. Well done, and hope it went well.

I just wondered if you had any tips on the object presentation? How were the ones presented on the day, also any tips in general? Did they ask very specific x

Latest

Trending

Trending