The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bittersweet16
Which uni course has filled up so quickly??

Primary at Leeds Trinity. I rang them to confirm and the have filled their places :frown:
Original post by bumpadaisy
I still haven't got my second reference and now one of my choices now says no vacancies :frown:. I can't believe it, I'm seriously not happy. I did everything I could to get my application in early and now waiting for references scuppered one of my chances. This is a really unfair process :frown:

Oh no that's really crap :frown: so sorry.
I still haven't got my second reference and now one of my choices now says no vacancies :frown:. I can't believe it, I'm seriously not happy. I did everything I could to get my application in early and now waiting for references scuppered one of my chances. This is a really unfair process :frown:

I totally agree with you! I'm really sorry to hear this.

You are now in panic mode so have every right to show your urgency to them, or even involve other people to chase him/her!

I wish you luck x
I have just finally been able to send my application! Now I am relieved...yet also scared. Haha.
Original post by MelanieKR
Good luck at Glasgow! How quickly was it from submitting your application to getting your rejection from Strathclyde? Been nearly a week for me and I've had nothing. I'm applying for Secondary English.

Glasgow uni has emailed me to ask for my SQA results and uni transcript but as I'm moving house my SQA stuff is in storage so I don't know if I'll get it to them quickly enough for interview.

Thank you :biggrin: Well I submitted mines on the 21st and they rejected it on the 2nd of Dec. They emailed on the 5th though and offered me an interview for my other subject though :smile:

I had problems with getting my transcript and i called and they just said send it ASAP to get your spot. Fingers crossed you get it on time.
Original post by hippygirl
my interview for glasgow is 10th january
and... i got an email on friday saying that my application for strathclyde has been reconsidered and i have an interview on 18th december!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats that is brilliant!! good luck for both of them :biggrin:

Strathclyde emailed me on Friday and offered me an interview for my other subject so i'm happy :biggrin: My Glasgow is the 16th and my Strathclyde is the 17th lol
Reply 3126

My secondary reference said she would have it written by the 24th November and I still haven't heard back, despite sending around 4 emails since then :s-smilie:.

I am sorry about Leeds Trinity :hugs:. It really is an unfair process. My first choice only has 7 places and I know people who have interviews this month and mine hasn't even been sent off :frown:.

Good luck with getting your reference sorted :smile:.
Reply 3127
Original post by amul1992
Got an interview for Secondary English at Manchester Uni! Oh God, so nervous!

Original post by Esmeralda4
I have just finally been able to send my application! Now I am relieved...yet also scared. Haha.

Good luck!
Original post by znh
Good luck!

Thanks. Good luck to you too, I hope your references come through soon. It is such a frustrating process.
Reply 3129
Original post by Esmeralda4
Thanks. Good luck to you too, I hope your references come through soon. It is such a frustrating process.

Thank you. I have decided if my secondary referee does not get in touch by tomorrow, I am going to have to change her. A teacher who I worked with sent me a reference a while back so if I ask her, hopefully it'll just be a case of copy and pasting.
I've now heard back from all my choices, have my interviews all in the next 10 days! One of which i got through today for thursday and i have an exam tomorrow! BUSY WEEK! need to prep a presentation now! Aw nervous, yet excited
Got an interview for manchester primary pgce on jan 10th!
Woo
Reply 3132
Original post by miss_disney
I've now heard back from all my choices, have my interviews all in the next 10 days! One of which i got through today for thursday and i have an exam tomorrow! BUSY WEEK! need to prep a presentation now! Aw nervous, yet excited

When did u send in ur application n what are the unis?:eek:
I have interviews in January for Primary courses at Cambridge and Worcester universities. Still haven't heard from Warwick uni yet though...has anyone else applied for these and heard about interviews? :smile:
Yay finally heard something back!

I am applying locally so do not think anyone will be going to the same thing, but I have yet MORE English and maths tests on the 18th December for the North Tyneside early years SCITT and if I pass those I go to interview :smile:

Also got a letter through the post, no email or change on UCAS.
Reply 3135
Hi guys. For those who are getting interviews? When did you send in your applications and how many days did you wait?

Also I was told by Ucas that the deadline is 5th Dec but I see people sending their application still? Has it been extended?

I sent in my application in on the 5th and I still havent received an acknowledgement from any unis! Should I be worried?
Original post by miss_disney

That's amazing,best of luck!

Nothing for me today. Heard rumours Edinburgh will be announcing interviews this week, I'm just going for no news is good news!
Reply 3137
Original post by MusicGirlKH
I have interviews in January for Primary courses at Cambridge and Worcester universities. Still haven't heard from Warwick uni yet though...has anyone else applied for these and heard about interviews? :smile:

Well Done :smile: I have an interview for Cambridge in Jan too..when's yours? Just wondering was your track updated for Cambridge?
Original post by sandyN91
Hi guys. For those who are getting interviews? When did you send in your applications and how many days did you wait?

Also I was told by Ucas that the deadline is 5th Dec but I see people sending their application still? Has it been extended?

I sent in my application in on the 5th and I still havent received an acknowledgement from any unis! Should I be worried?

I sent mine in on 28th November, and was offered my first interview 6 days later. Warwick only acknowledge mine a couple of days ago though, so it will just depend on the uni how long you have to wait. I wouldn't worry yet.
Original post by s.of
Well Done :smile: I have an interview for Cambridge in Jan too..when's yours? Just wondering was your track updated for Cambridge?

Well done to you too! :smile: Mine's on 7th January. No, track hasn't updated for me. But it did say in their email that it wouldn't show up on track for a bit.

Latest

Trending

Trending