The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Passed both skills tests yesterday, I was so worried about the mental maths but it was actually easier than the practice ones and I also felt the time didn't go as fast as it does with the practice!
One thing about the literacy though was I thought the spellings were harder (still manageable) though than the practice ones..!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know a lot of people have interviews for Strathclyde next week (primary). I haven't heard a peep though. Do you think this means I haven't got an interview?
Original post by Brooksy1704
Up and getting ready for mmu!!
was feeling confident but now nervous!
anyone else going to be there??

Good luck! I have my second PGCE interview tomorrow , eek!
Original post by Fabay
I have an interview on track but haven't received an email or letter about the interview. Should I get in touch with the uni to wait incase something comes in the post a bit later?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe get in touch with your uni and enquire about it? I had the same thing, called the uni and the email they sent out must have gone straight into my junk folder. They did send a letter out as well though, but I was impatient and just wanted to know what the interview entailed! Good luck!
Reply 3324
Does anyone know if IoE is doing any more interviews? Its my first choice n still havent heard anything yet.
Original post by sandyN91
Does anyone know if IoE is doing any more interviews? Its my first choice n still havent heard anything yet.

I just got an email telling me I was unsuccessful with IoE (History). No interview, nothing. I think they interviewed people almost straight away, and my bloody second referee took two weeks to do up my reference. I could kill her for this, seriously.

Fingers crossed for Exeter & Bristol!!
Reply 3326
Second interview today, and I actually feel more nervous than for my first. I'm not sure why, as the first one got me an offer, but it may be something to do with the individual interview. Or possibly that I have done a lot less preparation (on the basis that I would be happy to go to the place where my first interview was).
Reply 3327
Original post by sandyN91

I have an interview for Primary at IoE next Thursday so they are still having interviews and giving out offers (hopefully!). Fingers crossed you hear from them soon.
Reply 3328
Anyone going to the interview on Weds 18th at Canterbury? X
Original post by Brooksy1704
Yeah I have an interview at mmu tomorrow! When my track updated my email came the next day!

Got my email this morning, panicking about nothing as usual! Massive good luck for the interview! Just wondering what sort of preparation you did for it (obviously not specific details, don't want to get on the wrong side of the moderators)? I notice there's no presentation, just an interview and an unseen task, so I'm not quite sure how to prepare?
Original post by hllovt
Anyone going to the interview on Weds 18th at Canterbury? X

Yes, me!! What are you interviewing for? I'm secondary history :biggrin:
Reply 3331
So I got my first rejection today. I was kind of expecting it, my interview didn't go amazingly and places are super competitive. My nerves got the better of me and I couldn't remember a thing I had prepared. I am massively disappointed :frown:, but if I look on the bright side I did get an interview. I think there are 26 places and over 500 applied last year, so to even to get an interview... I'm just pissed off with myself for foundering during the interview. However, onwards and upwards :smile:. I had another interview yesterday and it went a hundred times better (damn you nerves). But it will take around 2 hours to get there (that's if I even get an offer).

One more interview in January....

Good luck everyone. If you do get a rejection, having a little cry or whatever, then pick yourself up, dust yourself down and try again. You WILL succeed :biggrin:. Well that's what I am telling myself :biggrin:
Original post by Fen2k
So I got my first rejection today. I was kind of expecting it, my interview didn't go amazingly and places are super competitive. My nerves got the better of me and I couldn't remember a thing I had prepared. I am massively disappointed :frown:, but if I look on the bright side I did get an interview. I think there are 26 places and over 500 applied last year, so to even to get an interview... I'm just pissed off with myself for foundering during the interview. However, onwards and upwards :smile:. I had another interview yesterday and it went a hundred times better (damn you nerves). But it will take around 2 hours to get there (that's if I even get an offer).

One more interview in January....

Good luck everyone. If you do get a rejection, having a little cry or whatever, then pick yourself up, dust yourself down and try again. You WILL succeed :biggrin:. Well that's what I am telling myself :biggrin:

That's a really good attitude to have. Good luck with your remaining interview and fingers crossed for a offer for yesterday's interview!
Still haven't heard anything from IOE, Kingston or Greenwich about my application for secondary maths :frown:
No interviews or rejections... Nothing.
Driving me mad! Keep checking all the time!
Reply 3334
Just wanted to ask, do you book the professional skills test via https://www7.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/signin/SignInPage/TDA

I checked the DofE website some time ago, and I think there was a different link given then for the registration..? :/

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 3335
Just got an email from Bedford offering me an interview for January!!
Reply 3336
I just finished my personal statement yesterday and completed the application! Now just to wait for the references :frown:
Original post by Yoshi-i
Just wanted to ask, do you book the professional skills test via https://www7.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/signin/SignInPage/TDA

I checked the DofE website some time ago, and I think there was a different link given then for the registration..? :/

Thanks! :biggrin:

I think it's this one:
https://www7.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/signin/SignInPage/TDAENTRYTESTS

As you need the one that says 'Entry' tests I think!
Reply 3338
Original post by bellylaugh
I think it's this one:
https://www7.pearsonvue.com/testtaker/signin/SignInPage/TDAENTRYTESTS

As you need the one that says 'Entry' tests I think!

Thanks, yeah I realised I copied the wrong link LOL. I'm on the one that says Entry (rather than Exit), thank you :smile:
Reply 3339
I've applied to Hull for Primary but still not heard anything! Have they got back to you yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending