The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would not panic too much but some universities do operate on a first come basis so that's why it's ideal if applications are sent off ASAP. I'm assuming that your 18 places is at kings. If places do fill up they may place you on a waiting list and if someone who is allocated a place doesn't fulfil the conditions then you may be offered their place. That happened to my friend the course was full up so he had to wait and at the end of August he was told that he had a place. So just go and prepare for your interview and don't worry about that too much. Just do what you have to so that they feel like they have no choice but to offer you a place :smile:
Original post by Airfairy
I don't know the way PGCE admissions work but you'd think there would be a system so that they don't give out all their offers in December. Just thinking about it because I have two interviews in January and keep panicking they would have seen loads of interviews in December so may have given all their offers out!

Also a little confused how the allocated places work. This year one of my choices has 18 places, so they will no doubt give many more offers than this. What happens if they go over? Do they just have to pay extra or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would not panic too much but some universities do operate on a first come basis so that's why it's ideal if applications are sent off ASAP. I'm assuming that your 18 places is at kings. If places do fill up they may place you on a waiting list and if someone who is allocated a place doesn't fulfil the conditions then you may be offered their place. That happened to my friend the course was full up so he had to wait and at the end of August he was told that he had a place. So just go and prepare for your interview and don't worry about that too much. Just do what you have to so that they feel like they have no choice but to offer you a place
Original post by anisa-101
Received a conditional offer from the IOE for Secondary English! :smile: Now to revise for the Numeracy skills test.

Congratulations. I will be on the course as well. So see you in September 2014
Original post by womanonamission
I have applied but haven't had my interview yet. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye I am going to be starting in sept! Good luck for your interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Denu
Very comparable to the practice tests. Possibly even a little easier, if anything. I was done and out of there in under 25 minutes :-)

Know your times tables, know how to read and analyse different graphs, don't panic if you don't know a question - particularly a mental arithmetic one - just take a breath and move on to the next. Good luck!

Do they allow you to use a piece of paper to jot things down during the mental arithmetic test?
Original post by Mona Lisa
Do they allow you to use a piece of paper to jot things down during the mental arithmetic test?

Yes you get given a few little white boards and a marker pen.
Reply 4086
Original post by tamiic
Me! Haven't heard anything though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Got 'unsuccessful' for my others so I'm banking on Newcastle! Hopefully we will hear something soon?! - Getting worried now!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4087
Original post by missR01
I've applied to Newcastle, got an interview the 20th!

hey! how did you find out? letter or ucas? primary or secondary also?!
Reply 4088
I'm starting in September.

Original post by andrea199
Is anyone going to be going to st Mary's for primary in sept? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bellylaugh
Yes you get given a few little white boards and a marker pen.

Lovely! Thanks for all your help :wink:
Original post by tory88
I had an interview on the same day - what were you applying for? I heard back on wednesday, but reply time will differ substantially by department.

It was for maths. Not sure if the other person going for maths has heard anything but I'm not taking it as a good thing that they haven't got back to me yet :frown:
Original post by Andrew240
Well done!!

I've just come out of a hectic 12 hour shift, check my e-mails and find out I've been unsuccessful. I feel absolutely gutted :frown:

Hi, I was unsuccessful last year, so I completely know how you feel, I was devastated. I would try and get some feedback and apply again next year :smile:

good luck with everything!
Reply 4092
Original post by Fen21719
hey! how did you find out? letter or ucas? primary or secondary also?!

Hey, track updated with the date of the interview then I got a letter a few days later, it's for primary :smile: they were the last place of mine to respond, just last week was when I heard.
Reply 4093
Original post by missR01
Hey, track updated with the date of the interview then I got a letter a few days later, it's for primary :smile: they were the last place of mine to respond, just last week was when I heard.

Ah, i see, i hope i hear from them soon, iv heard back from the 2 other places i applied... :/
Reply 4094
Original post by Fen21719
Ah, i see, i hope i hear from them soon, iv heard back from the 2 other places i applied... :/

Yeah I'm sure they will, where else have you applied?
Reply 4095
Original post by missR01
Yeah I'm sure they will, where else have you applied?

I applied for North Tyneside SCITT and for a school direct place in Newcastle

Where else did you apply to? Im dreading it incase i have to start 'apply 2' guess my next option would be Durham? Best part is that iv passed both my skills tests!

My UCAS says Newcastle Uni course was last updated on the 16th of December, but i don't see anything? So. Much. Stress.
Reply 4096
I had my first interview on Wednesday and got offered a place for it on Thursday! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I also had my second interview on Thursday (didn't find out I had been offered a place elsewhere until after the second interview) and sadly it didn't go as well as the day before. They haven't been back in touch yet, and won't be until January now, but I don't think they will be offering me a place... to be honest, that would make it easier as I wouldn't have a choice but to accept my other offer! But I guess a choice might be nice. Who knows.

My third choice still hasn't even acknowledged me, so I bet I don't get an interview there.

2/3 isn't bad interview wise though, and to have an offer so early makes me a very happy bunny.

Good luck everyone!
When unis specify a deadline before which the skills tests must be completed, is that starting from when you receive the offer or when you accept it? Bit confused!
Reply 4098
Original post by Pebbles19
Has anyone heard from Oxford Brooke's for primary? At my interview on Monday they said they should have responses on track by Christmas but seeing as it's nearly 5 I've given up hope of hearing until January!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I have an interview at Oxford Brooke's in January and was just wondering how you found the interview generally? Good luck!!
Original post by ceesme
Hi I have an interview at Oxford Brooke's in January and was just wondering how you found the interview generally? Good luck!!

Hi :smile: it was okay, bit strange as there was no individual interview at all or really any chance to talk about why you'd be good. The staff were really nice and made it clear they didn't want to catch you out, and make you feel really comfortable. I thought it hadn't gone very well but got an offer Friday night! So just relax and make sure you speak up in the group tasks. Good luck with your interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending