The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4720
Hi, when did you get your place for social sciences at IOE? I had my interview for it yesterday.
Original post by bumpadaisy
Unsucessful for my first choice. Am now pinning my hopes on my second interview which I think went apallingly.

Sorry to hear about your first choice...however it may be of some reassurance that I had an interview that went awfully, as in I was underprepared for the group presentation, forgot everything I wanted to say in my one to one interview and generally didn't come off anywhere near as well I would have liked. But…I got offered a place. So you should be fine :smile:
Reply 4722
(Original post by Cloclo15)
Has anyone had an interview at BCU and heard back from them yet? My husband had an interview there last Weds but track still doesn't even say interview, let alone the outcome

Hi, I had an interview there yesterday (track didn't change), and I've had an offer today for secondary mathematics. Hope your husband hears something soon!

I wonder if the Primary PGCE are updated by someone different? They said they would know by the following morning which makes it very frustrating. We just want to know either way!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4723
This whole thing has been a massive eye opener for me. I knew people said places were limited but I have never had to competitively apply for a place on courses like this before, especially one where you fork out 9 grand for a year of hard slog with not even the promise of a job at the end of it.

So I thought, get my application in early, as long as I tick all the boxes (I think I do), then no problem. I wondered which course I would choose if I got invited onto more than one.

Instead I am still scratching about around the bottom of the barrel in apply 2 hoping I can find a course that someone has pulled out of or that was late opening. And all the while the chuffing Government's Teaching Agency keep texting me and saying "are you thinking of becoming a teacher...." Yes - I'm still bastard well trying if you don't mind leaving me along for one minute. How exactly did they get my phone number anyway?

Next year (and I'm starting to resign myself to thinking it will be next year) I will put my applications into the big universities where they have 10 to 20 places available rather than what I've done this year which is chase one or two places on School Direct. In hind sight it was the wrong strategy.

Still got an application hanging for a School Direct Salaried place but there is more chance of my toaster winning master chef than me getting that.

Still smiling but It's getting depressing.
Original post by bumpadaisy
Unsucessful for my first choice. Am now pinning my hopes on my second interview which I think went apallingly.

I was rejected from my first choice too and don't think I personally did that well in my second interview, so not very hopeful! What are you applying for? I am applying for a primary PGCE.
Reply 4725
Hey guys!!!

I have got my interview for Nottingham Trent University on Friday and was just wondering if there was anybody else who has got one coming up and feels prepared for it? :smile: orrrr if they have had one and whether it went well or not?

not asking for specifics obviouslyyyyy...dont wanna be breaking the rules ALREADY! haha
Original post by Airfairy
Hmm can I have some advice? I have an offer from a place I really like. Tomorrow is my interview with my original first choice and I don't know whether to go or not. I've done zero prep so far so feeling very unprepared and I'm happy with my offer from Cumbria so I don't know whether to bother...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't go to mine hun. I got into my first choice, what more can you ask for!! What is going to achieve? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4727
it is PGCE Primary that I am applying for! (forgot to mention that...)
Reply 4728
Original post by crock
Next year (and I'm starting to resign myself to thinking it will be next year) I will put my applications into the big universities where they have 10 to 20 places available rather than what I've done this year which is chase one or two places on School Direct. In hind sight it was the wrong strategy.

Still got an application hanging for a School Direct Salaried place but there is more chance of my toaster winning master chef than me getting that.

Still smiling but It's getting depressing.

Really feel for you, we would have liked my husband to get a School Direct salaried place but realised fairly early on that most of these would go to people that had either been a TA for ages or were known to the school, at least in Primary. Also, for career changers, it is virtually impossible to get the levels of experience necessary while working full time. He applied to one school direct place which was unsuccessful, but managed to get two interviews for PGCE. It's going to mean a difficult year financially for our family if he does get on, but appears to be the only realistic option.
Original post by MS90
Hey guys!!!

I have got my interview for Nottingham Trent University on Friday and was just wondering if there was anybody else who has got one coming up and feels prepared for it? :smile: orrrr if they have had one and whether it went well or not?

not asking for specifics obviouslyyyyy...dont wanna be breaking the rules ALREADY! haha

I have been invited to interview there on Friday too. Still deciding whether I will attend as I have been offered a place at Derby. I have done some preparation and feel fairly confident but it is hard to tell until I'm there!
Reply 4730
Original post by Esmeralda4
I have been invited to interview there on Friday too. Still deciding whether I will attend as I have been offered a place at Derby. I have done some preparation and feel fairly confident but it is hard to tell until I'm there!

oooo awesome :smile: I have only applied for Trent because I live in Nottinghamshire so I intend to live at home and don't currently have a car so would be relying on lifts so didn't wanna go too far! I am quite nervous for it actually...purely because the itinerary for the interview is incredibly vague. I am currently in the process of doing the research activity and finding some articles to take with me...I volunteer at a Primary school and I think the headteacher is giving me a mock interview on thursday which should be interesting haha
After checking track literally every half an hour since my first interview, I have just received a conditional offer!! Over the moon is an understatement. Majorly takes the pressure off for my next two interviews. So happy I could cry!!
Original post by MS90
oooo awesome :smile: I have only applied for Trent because I live in Nottinghamshire so I intend to live at home and don't currently have a car so would be relying on lifts so didn't wanna go too far! I am quite nervous for it actually...purely because the itinerary for the interview is incredibly vague. I am currently in the process of doing the research activity and finding some articles to take with me...I volunteer at a Primary school and I think the headteacher is giving me a mock interview on thursday which should be interesting haha

Ooh lucky! I have been doing my research and picked one of my texts but not the other. It is all very vague!

Are you at the morning or afternoon interview?
Reply 4733
Ooh lucky! I have been doing my research and picked one of my texts but not the other. It is all very vague!

Are you at the morning or afternoon interview?

yeaaah it is the vagueness that is my only concern but I suppose that is the point..to ensure we all prepare thoroughly!! I am in the afternoon interview :smile: 12:50 I think...not finishing until 5...a very long process! what about you?
Original post by MS90
yeaaah it is the vagueness that is my only concern but I suppose that is the point..to ensure we all prepare thoroughly!! I am in the afternoon interview :smile: 12:50 I think...not finishing until 5...a very long process! what about you?

I'm afternoon as well!
Reply 4735
I'm afternoon as well!

ooooo...I did not expect to find somebody from my exact same interview haha :O I wonder how many of us there will be!
Original post by MS90
ooooo...I did not expect to find somebody from my exact same interview haha :O I wonder how many of us there will be!

Hard to tell. I imagine quite a lot and then we will be split into smaller groups...
Reply 4737
Hard to tell. I imagine quite a lot and then we will be split into smaller groups...

Yeah I assume there will probably be quite a few of us...there is only really one group task though...hopefully that won't be too taxing..unless you get stuck in a group with people who do not know what they are doing haha...have you booked your QTS tests yet? or done them already?orr whatever haha
Original post by MS90
Yeah I assume there will probably be quite a few of us...there is only really one group task though...hopefully that won't be too taxing..unless you get stuck in a group with people who do not know what they are doing haha...have you booked your QTS tests yet? or done them already?orr whatever haha

I'm not too worried about the group task as it sounds quite organised and doesn't look like it will be too long.

I have passed my literacy but still have my maths to do. It is booked for the 21st but I am super nervous about it! How about you?
Original post by sandyN91
Does anyone know whether we can write anything on our white board (just before we click start on the numeracy test)? For example a timestable or common percentage/fraction/decimals conversions on the corner or is that considered cheating?

I had mine today and I did that, no one stopped me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending