The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elb1992
Im going to chester to do primary :smile: have you guys had anything from the uni apart from the date you have to sign the health declaration form? Im so impatient, my cousins going to MMU and hes had loads of course info and a reading list! x

Original post by lauramcintosh88
Hi! I've had nothing as yet, don't even know if I've had the date through for the health declaration form?! Now I'm worried haha! I'm not sure whether it's because my offer is still Conditional as I haven't graduated yet?

Don't panic, unis send things at different times. UEA didn't do it until June when I did mine, I think they thought if someone is studying or working in a school at least they don't have to worry about it until summer time.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jo_Marie
You should look at Numeracy Ready online. This was a brilliant tool to help me build confidence and speed. I passed mine yesterday.

Re deadline. My university wanted them passed before the 1st June. However others I applied to wanted them before September so you'd obviously have longer to prepare.... Maybe as it's your last chance, don't rush into doing it unnecessarily, that will also add further unnecessary pressure when all you should be thinking about at the questions and how to answer them...
Good luck!

Hey does anyone know about an English one of this?
Original post by crimmer94

Hi there, yes there is a Literacy skills tests that also has to be passed within 3 tries before you can be fully accepted on to a course. There are practice tests online if you have one coming up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crimmer94

Original post by womanonamission
Hi there, yes there is a Literacy skills tests that also has to be passed within 3 tries before you can be fully accepted on to a course. There are practice tests online if you have one coming up

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the original post meant was there numeracy ready type thing for the literacy test.
Hi! I've had nothing as yet, don't even know if I've had the date through for the health declaration form?! Now I'm worried haha! I'm not sure whether it's because my offer is still Conditional as I haven't graduated yet?

I got mine in a letter. it's just saying you have to go to a day in either July or August I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though. how exciting! what are you doing a degree in at the moment? XX
Original post by elb1992
I got mine in a letter. it's just saying you have to go to a day in either July or August I'm sure it's nothing to worry about though. how exciting! what are you doing a degree in at the moment? XX

Maybe I will get it once my offer is confirmed as unconditional. I suppose my place is hanging in the balance until I get that required 2:1?! I hope it's that anyway! I'm doing combined honours, Education Studies with Sport. What is your degree in? I'm nervous for September but so excited! Just can't wait to get started now!
hi
what ID do i need to take to the ITT test??? Mines tomorrow, thank god just got 75% on the test tonight, but anyways ive got my passport and prov driving licence. what else would they need other than my offer letter and application
Original post by Lucy_jucie
hi
what ID do i need to take to the ITT test??? Mines tomorrow, thank god just got 75% on the test tonight, but anyways ive got my passport and prov driving licence. what else would they need other than my offer letter and application

That's it :smile: You're sorted for ID. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Thanks, ive never had much confidence in maths, infact ive been revising for 3 months, and finally the night before the test I pass one lol. Shows you im not a stupid as I thought!! god i really hope i pass tomorrow, ive done a degree and ive found this maths harder lol
Thanks, ive never had much confidence in maths, infact ive been revising for 3 months, and finally the night before the test I pass one lol. Shows you im not a stupid as I thought!! god i really hope i pass tomorrow, ive done a degree and ive found this maths harder lol

If you've passed a practice test then you should hopefully be fine. I struggled with the maths myself, I think a lot of people do! Is this your first attempt at it?
Maybe I will get it once my offer is confirmed as unconditional. I suppose my place is hanging in the balance until I get that required 2:1?! I hope it's that anyway! I'm doing combined honours, Education Studies with Sport. What is your degree in? I'm nervous for September but so excited! Just can't wait to get started now!

Ah cool, how's it all going? Bet you're on the run up to dissertation time aren't you? And psychology :smile: graduated from mmu last year and just been waiting to do this, I'm getting really impatient haha. Will you be commuting?
Original post by elb1992
Ah cool, how's it all going? Bet you're on the run up to dissertation time aren't you? And psychology :smile: graduated from mmu last year and just been waiting to do this, I'm getting really impatient haha. Will you be commuting?

Yeah it's due in less than a week now so just tying up loose ends really and going over and over it! I'm at MMU at the moment but I study at the Cheshire campus in Crewe. Yes I will be commuting, I live on the Wirral so it's around half an hour by train or car do not too bad! How about you? Are you going to live in Chester or commute?
Have you accepted your offer from Hull? - I've accepted an offer from Hull for PGCE MFL
Original post by Samus2
If you've passed a practice test then you should hopefully be fine. I struggled with the maths myself, I think a lot of people do! Is this your first attempt at it?

PASSED!!!! First time, I can't believe it, I'm a mature student so been out of full time education for 12 years and maths was never my strong point. But all my hard work has paid off, I'm so happy, just a English to pass in 2 weeks time.

how do you find out your acctual % mark! I'm curious.
PASSED!!!! First time, I can't believe it, I'm a mature student so been out of full time education for 12 years and maths was never my strong point. But all my hard work has paid off, I'm so happy, just a English to pass in 2 weeks time.

how do you find out your acctual % mark! I'm curious.

That's fantastic. Congratulations!

I don't think there's any way to find out your percentage unfortunately :frown:
Original post by Samus2
That's fantastic. Congratulations!

I don't think there's any way to find out your percentage unfortunately :frown:

Thank you!

ive checked the website and it just said pass. I do think the course leader can access you acctual mark. Acctually how do you notify the course leader, I've tried through UCAS but nothing? I don't know what to do next
Thank you!

ive checked the website and it just said pass. I do think the course leader can access you acctual mark. Acctually how do you notify the course leader, I've tried through UCAS but nothing? I don't know what to do next

Some universities require you to submit proof yourself. I had to post my pass letters to the university, but I know that other universities check themselves online.
I would give the admissions dept a ring tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Samus2
Some universities require you to submit proof yourself. I had to post my pass letters to the university, but I know that other universities check themselves online.
I would give the admissions dept a ring tomorrow :smile:

Rang them , they said for me to email my ucas number to the admissions department and then they check.
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UEL?
Original post by dancer54
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from UEL?

What did you apply for?
I'll be at UEL next September for Secondary MFL.