The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's sent. Now to bug my referees to death .. :colondollar:
Original post by KatieB1991
Hi everyone. I'm a bit confused with my application as when I click on 'check form' it says everything is completed apart from choices, under which it says 'see below' and explains 'The availability of your choices may change between now and when you pay and send your application to UCAS. You can finalise them up until just before you pay and send your application to UCAS'. I've saved and clicked complete on everyhting but how do I know if it has been sent to my references?!

Hey there :smile:

I had this problem. I just put the credits of the module down. For each year, I got 120 credits for modules passed. Total credits added up to 360.
Reply 1742
Original post by steph_cook92
Neither of my references have accepted the email let alone submitted them! So annoying...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I sent mine off on Friday lunchtime. I emailed both referees to tell them to look out for an email and let me know if they get it. The headteacher confirmed he had received it but then I have not had anything to say he has accepted the invite, let alone written it! My other referee has not done anything, even in terms of replying to my own email to let them know I had sent it!! It's so annoying, and now that it's Monday, I am in two minds whether to already be calling/going to their office to chase them........
HELP has anyone chose to apply to marjons? I can't find them on search!!!!
Reply 1744
Original post by steph_cook92
Neither of my references have accepted the email let alone submitted them! So annoying...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly the same as me! It is sending me slightly crazy as I politely stressed how important it was they did it promptly and gave them loads of notice. I hope they do them on Monday. I've got my skills tests on Friday and was a bit nervous that I wouldn't be able to do them unless my references had been written. But someone has put my mind at rest about that, although I might phone the helpline in the morning to double check. Best of luck!
Does it send it when everything is done?? Not sure if it is gone or not! As in gone to ask for the references to be added!
Not applying this year- but just want to wish everyone luck. I'm doing my PGCE at KCL at the moment and absolutely loving it. Hard work and can get a little tedious- but worth it over all.

Good luck everyone.
Original post by polka_dott
Does it send it when everything is done?? Not sure if it is gone or not! As in gone to ask for the references to be added!

I'm in the same boat! No idea if it has been sent or not as I haven't had a message saying it has been submitted or anything :frown:
Reply 1748
Original post by KatieB1991
Hi everyone. I'm a bit confused with my application as when I click on 'check form' it says everything is completed apart from choices, under which it says 'see below' and explains 'The availability of your choices may change between now and when you pay and send your application to UCAS. You can finalise them up until just before you pay and send your application to UCAS'. I've saved and clicked complete on everyhting but how do I know if it has been sent to my references?!

Once you've ticked all the sections as complete you have to go back to the references section and there's a link/button to send the reference request e-mails. Once you click this you can no longer edit your application and it becomes frozen (except the choices section).
Original post by Deja Vu
Once you've ticked all the sections as complete you have to go back to the references section and there's a link/button to send the reference request e-mails. Once you click this you can no longer edit your application and it becomes frozen (except the choices section).

Silly me! Done it now, all is fine! Thanks for the reply :smile:
Reply 1750
Original post by polka_dott

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=45293015&postcount=1760 :smile:
Hi,

I have made a mistake not too dissimilar and i was wondering how you resubmitted? I wasn't aware you could start again and still apply for 2014 entry.

:smile:
Reply 1752
Hi I had an email from marjon a saying that they weren't running the pgce courses this year just the school direct course instead . Bit gutted as they were in my list.
Original post by bluiestevie
HELP has anyone chose to apply to marjons? I can't find them on search!!!!
Original post by Esmeralda4
I would apply to do the same course at different universities. To me, if you apply to do something you don't want to then it is still a waste.

Unfortunately I don't have luxury of being able to travel to any other university other than my local one, I have 2 children under 3 so I can't spend hours travelling to different university's which are so far away.
Original post by PaigeeeBecs
Hi,

I have made a mistake not too dissimilar and i was wondering how you resubmitted? I wasn't aware you could start again and still apply for 2014 entry.

:smile:

Im not sure who this was for, but as I mentioned making a mistake a few pages ago I thought I would answer.

I didn't resubmit, I contacted the individual places I'd applied for and wrote what the mistake was and the proper answer, 2 have got back and said they've noted it down and waiting on the other place.

But when I rang UCAS she said you can resubmit, but you need to ring them to cancel the application, then your details won't be on the system and you can start again.

You might have to use a different email address though and obviously you'll have to send your references again off your new account so you'd have to explain that to them :smile:
Reply 1755
Original post by Cina
Thanks! Atm in january I will be spending a week in my history department at my secondary school and another week in June. I was also thinking maybe on my day off next term seeing if I could go into a local school once a week but then that might impact on my study time? I don't know if this will help but in Sep 2015 I'm going to Mexico to teach kids english for 2 weeks. I just realised I'll be applying for 2017 not 2016 lol

Sounds good, like you're doing all the right things. Only you can judge whether you can afford the time off - I wouldn't have been able to, but other students could. Also look into if you can do any teaching modules as part of your degree - on my physics course I'm spending 20% of this year completing a teaching module. Not only does this add to experience, but also shows a familiarity with the academic methods used to develop teaching.

Original post by Denu
Oh good grief...there are times when I wish I was still a student and had easy access to this sort of information! Am filling in the Education section for my degree and am completely stumped for the subjects / credits part of it. The course has changed significantly since I graduated ten years ago (it was a new course at the time), so what's on the university website doesn't really reflect what I studied. Do I guess? Enter subjects / modules but no credits (have no clue what the breakdown was!)?

How are other mature students managing this stuff?

Surely it should say all this on your transcript? Or if not, at least on your results printout from the end of each year.

Original post by littlesmurfette
Not applying this year- but just want to wish everyone luck. I'm doing my PGCE at KCL at the moment and absolutely loving it. Hard work and can get a little tedious- but worth it over all.

Good luck everyone.

Hey. I'm applying to Kings, and it's currently my prefered choice. Would you mind writing a little about how the course is taught and what some of the pros and cons are?
Heard a rumor that the English PGCE has been pulled from Sheffield Hallam. Can anyone confirm this? It's still appearing on the course search and the website doesn't say anything...
Reply 1757
My second reference hasn't accepted yet (I submitted Thursday night). Normally I would be okay with this but read other people's posts re junk mail etc, I am a wee bit worried.

Is anyone else going through the stage of complete confidence (totally nailing my first choice) to utter despair (not getting any interviews)?!
Original post by Fen2k
My second reference hasn't accepted yet (I submitted Thursday night). Normally I would be okay with this but read other people's posts re junk mail etc, I am a wee bit worried.

Is anyone else going through the stage of complete confidence (totally nailing my first choice) to utter despair (not getting any interviews)?!

I am going through exactly the same thing. I have emailed the headteacher three times now! And still no reply... What can we do in this scenario! You spend so much time on your application for it potentially to be ruined by a third party...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fen2k

Yep, currently going through the 'utter despair' stage of the cycle right now. Forgot how hard this is and my application hasn't even been sent off yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending