The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by steph_cook92
I've just got an email from them and I've got an interview on the same day as you, I need to start preparing for the presentation! Have you taken your skills tests yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just started looking into my presentation. Stressing over flights at the moment. I don't have high hopes for my interview but am so glad I got a chance.
I took the skills test last year and got my English. I'm going to my maths once/if I get an offer. Have you? Good luck
Original post by MsVictoria
I've just started looking into my presentation. Stressing over flights at the moment. I don't have high hopes for my interview but am so glad I got a chance.
I took the skills test last year and got my English. I'm going to my maths once/if I get an offer. Have you? Good luck

Oh ok, where are you at the moment then? Try to think positively you'll be fine :smile: I've got mine booked for Monday so hopefully I pass them ready for Wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh god, just had the most stressful night's sleep. I put applications into Sunderland University, Redcar & Cleveland SCITT, and Oxford Brookes. I was daydreaming about interviews before I dozed off and decided to google how each university interviewed people (silly, I know). Looked up Sunderland first because I like it the most, and realised I'd somehow missed the fact that applicants 'must have at least 50% of their degree in a National Curriculum subject'. Started panicking and trying to find another uni to apply to within travelling distance but was having very little luck (I don't fancy my chances applying to Durham).

Luckily just rang Sunderland to double check that they don't accept my degree, and they've said to definitely put an application in anyway. So I've stopped worrying so much. What an emotional rollercoaster this whole process is! I've also emailed my secondary referee to check that she's received the email after so many people here have had problems... not going to contact my principle referee yet because I know he has a ton of PGCE apps to wade through, but will be emailing him soon too if I don't hear back.
Original post by alabelle
Oh god, just had the most stressful night's sleep. I put applications into Sunderland University, Redcar & Cleveland SCITT, and Oxford Brookes. I was daydreaming about interviews before I dozed off and decided to google how each university interviewed people (silly, I know). Looked up Sunderland first because I like it the most, and realised I'd somehow missed the fact that applicants 'must have at least 50% of their degree in a National Curriculum subject'. Started panicking and trying to find another uni to apply to within travelling distance but was having very little luck (I don't fancy my chances applying to Durham).

Luckily just rang Sunderland to double check that they don't accept my degree, and they've said to definitely put an application in anyway. So I've stopped worrying so much. What an emotional rollercoaster this whole process is! I've also emailed my secondary referee to check that she's received the email after so many people here have had problems... not going to contact my principle referee yet because I know he has a ton of PGCE apps to wade through, but will be emailing him soon too if I don't hear back.

I've learnt it is the worst thing ever to think about teacher training at bedtime! I also made the mistake of looking into interview details :afraid: .
Original post by Airfairy
I've learnt it is the worst thing ever to think about teacher training at bedtime! I also made the mistake of looking into interview details :afraid: .

It's the worst isn't it! I think my personal statement kept me up at night for weeks... I'd spend hours perfecting a paragraph of stuff in my head then fall asleep and forget it all. :redface:
Reply 1925
My secondary reference has sent hers in! After what felt like weeks of silence, I now at least have some movement on my application, particularly as my primary said he was planning on filling in my reference today. Then it can all be sent off and the waiting really begins... Although, by the sounds of it, interviews are rolling out much quicker than I expected.
Original post by tory88
My secondary reference has sent hers in! After what felt like weeks of silence, I now at least have some movement on my application, particularly as my primary said he was planning on filling in my reference today. Then it can all be sent off and the waiting really begins... Although, by the sounds of it, interviews are rolling out much quicker than I expected.

I agree, they are much quicker than I expected too. I was talking to a girl who applied on opening day last year - her two interviews were in January. I was expecting similar.
welcome letter has finally come!
Reply 1928
Had an email today from mmu saying my application has been received. Fingers crossed! :redface:
Fair point about pestering, thankfully both mine will be in today. Ultimately (well in my case) both my referees are doing me a favour as neither are my Uni lecturers, so I know that I can't do anything but be thankful. Once it's in later for real, I think I will be more relieved than anything, it's out of my hands now until they give me the yes or no for an interview.
Original post by alabelle
I'm applying for General Primary there. What are you applying for?

Im applying for Secondary Business, my cousin done primary last year so she given me so e tips on the interview ;-)
Original post by Lucy_jucie
Im applying for Secondary Business, my cousin done primary last year so she given me so e tips on the interview ;-)

Cool, good luck. :smile:

Just had a reply back from my school referee, she has received the email. No word on when she'll be doing my reference though! Ah well :redface:
Reply 1932
Need some advice about my references.

I gave my principal reference 5 weeks notice and my secondary about 3 weeks notice for their references. Sent my application in on Thursday about 1pm, heard nothing from them, not even an acknowledgement, for the rest of Thursday and Friday. My skills test is tomorrow and I thought I wouldn't be able to take them without the references so I emailed both on Saturday to ask if they could complete their references by Thursday otherwise I wouldn't be able to take the tests. Neither of them have replied and it's now Wednesday but I'm assuming they've read the emails and just not replied as they've always replied to my previous emails in about an hour. I've rang the skills test helpline and they said I can take my skills tests without the references, but I'm not going to tell my references that because I still need my application in ASAP! So for them their deadline is tonight and they still haven't done them. Should I send them another email today to remind them? I don't want to be pushy but I'm getting really worried as people are getting interviews and my references aren't even replying to me even though they were both more than happy to do the references :frown:
Original post by steph_cook92
Oh ok, where are you at the moment then? Try to think positively you'll be fine :smile: I've got mine booked for Monday so hopefully I pass them ready for Wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in Spain, not too bad.
Ooh good luck on your skills tests!
Yay paid and sent!
I rang Sunderland Uni and there interview dates for business are in January, then they emailed me back asking what date in January I'd like my interview????? But I haven't had a welcome pack yet? I'm confused, they mustn't have many applicants so they must interview individuals not groups.
facebook.com/Replacement.Certificates - A-levels/ GCSEs/ NVQ's/ BTEC/ Vocational skill certificates replacements and much more!
Original post by Recipient022
facebook.com/Replacement.Certificates - A-levels/ GCSEs/ NVQ's/ BTEC/ Vocational skill certificates replacements and much more!

Do you have to provide you GCSE Certs? I thought if you'd done you degree that's what they would want proof of not GCSE?
Original post by Lucy_jucie
Do you have to provide you GCSE Certs? I thought if you'd done you degree that's what they would want proof of not GCSE?

You have to have GCSE English and Maths above C to get onto a course, and also C in science for primary and you have to take original certificates to interview. My courses are asking for A-level certificates too, not sure if that is the case for everyone.
Original post by xxstace123xx
You have to have GCSE English and Maths above C to get onto a course, and also C in science for primary and you have to take original certificates to interview. My courses are asking for A-level certificates too, not sure if that is the case for everyone.

yeah I have all the GCSE requirements, but my Uni dosnt say anything about taking Certs to interview. Think ill email them.

Latest

Trending

Trending