Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What type of thing will a school leaver do on an ACA training contract in the first (few) weeks?

My actual training (college lessons) don't start for a few months, so i'm wondering what they will want me to do during the first few months, till I start the training?

ReputationRep:
    Induction, risk & compliance training, independence confirmations etc. Meeting the team, the partner-director group. You'll be given some work to do, the complexity of which, depends on your previous experience or if you are a genuine "school leaver".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    What type of thing will a school leaver do on an ACA training contract in the first (few) weeks?

My actual training (college lessons) don't start for a few months, so i'm wondering what they will want me to do during the first few months, till I start the training?
    Sorry, I can't actually answer your question...

I am currently exploring the option of entering finance as a career, and am currently in year 12.

Are you talking school leavers as-in GCSE or A-levels? How did you find out about the vacancy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glelin96)
    Sorry, I can't actually answer your question...

I am currently exploring the option of entering finance as a career, and am currently in year 12.

Are you talking school leavers as-in GCSE or A-levels? How did you find out about the vacancy?
    A-Levels. Google "big 4 school leaver". I believe after GCSE the only qualification you can do is AAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    A-Levels. Google "big 4 school leaver". I believe after GCSE the only qualification you can do is AAT.
    I was under the impression it was with a local firm, as he didn't mention the big 4. I have a day at an assessment centre booked to be a management consultant at PWC, so I'm simply exploring other options.

ReputationRep:
    Induction, risk & compliance training, independence confirmations etc. Meeting the team, the partner-director group. You'll be given some work to do, the complexity of which, depends on your previous experience or if you are a genuine "school leaver".
    Thanks. What kind of work for someone who has just done A-Level equivalent (if you know)?

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression it was with a local firm, as he didn't mention the big 4. I have a day at an assessment centre booked to be a management consultant at PWC, so I'm simply exploring other options.
    Ah right it seemed as if you didn't know what the scheme was at all, so I sent you to google as the big 4 schemes are easily the most documented. Are you sure they're training you to be a consultant with just gcses? I don't know of any such program. There is a school leaver one but you need around 320 Ucas points if memory serves me right.

Posted from TSR for iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    Thanks. What kind of work for someone who has just done A-Level equivalent (if you know)?
    Sorry don't know really, varies by team and line of service obviously. I'd guess it won't be anything too hard though and you will be offered lots of support

Posted from TSR for iPad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's with a local firm.

Sorry don't know really, varies by team and line of service obviously. I'd guess it won't be anything too hard though and you will be offered lots of support

Posted from TSR for iPad
    Ah ok. Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    Ah right it seemed as if you didn't know what the scheme was at all, so I sent you to google as the big 4 schemes are easily the most documented. Are you sure they're training you to be a consultant with just gcses? I don't know of any such program. There is a school leaver one but you need around 320 Ucas points if memory serves me right.

Posted from TSR for iPad
    No, entry will be conditional on my gaining my A in Economics, A in Maths and B in either History or Geography at A-level.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.