Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I thought id create an account to get some advice and help others out. Im doing a BEd primary education at uni and im in second year. However I failed my school placement in January . I failed it for a number of reasons; the workload was intense and I was very tired by the end of the placement, I was and still am lacking in confidence, I had a difficult class and my link tutor was a very hard, unapproachable type. I now have the chance to retake this placement and the next year 2 placement next year on their own as I had to pass it to progress to year three. I have passed all the written assignments in year 2 so just have to do these placements. However I am concerned that I may not have the confidence to pass them next time round and would have wasted a lot of time. Also I dont know how to fill my time next year between the placements (placement 1 in Jan placement 2 in May- June) I live in Cheltenham and there isn't a ton of jobs and when im on placement it will be full time which makes it awkward applying for work.

Should I persevere when im losing confidence in teaching ?
    I just seem to be hitting obstacle after obstacle at the moment
    and what should I do for a year in Cheltenham in between placements?

I don't want to sound like im whining on. Ill be happy to help anyone out who give me advice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.