Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

As sociology unit 2 exam Methods in context: education and research method watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No teacher has actually ever taught us whaat to write about the methods in context part of the exam...

Is there a particular structure anyone follows ??!??! how do you answer this type of question :/

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toshi44)
    No teacher has actually ever taught us whaat to write about the methods in context part of the exam...

Is there a particular structure anyone follows ??!??! how do you answer this type of question :/

thanks
    From what my teacher told me on the methods in context, you dont need to use a specific study or anything.

Just evaluate the method for the area
    E.g anti school subcultures and participant observation.

Then just talk about whether its good or bad talking about practical issues, ethics, reliability, validity, representativeness and theoretical issues.

Remember to always relate it back to the topic of study though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toshi44)

thanks
    My teacher's the same, haha.

Easy marks is to just pick out points from the item and elaborate on them. Apart from that, write your essay in terms of PET issues, and constantly link the method to the education issue, e.g. in an interview on streaming, an ethical issue could be pupils in lower streams getting upset/angry/distressed when talking about how they feel.

I personally find it the most awkward essay on the paper. There's not much you can really do to revise it as such apart from know the strengths and limitations of each research method and be able to apply it to a certain area of Education.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.