Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well to start with I want to apply to Medicine at Uni. The subjects I'm doing are Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Maths. I'm fine with the other subjects to be honest, except Maths. AAAb is the entry requirement and after doing yesterdays C1 exam I'm worried I won't even get a C, let alone the B, I need after looking at the answers. I'm fairly confident I'll get my A's in the other subject but if I fail Maths what's the point? Someone reassure me please.
    Post rating: 0

ReputationRep:
    I know you've probably heard this before a million times, but maths is all about practice. The more you do the better you become. I used to hate maths with a passion, but I've ended up doing maths and further maths at A-level. Also, I assure you no one was worse than me at maths haha. But I was determined and ready to work hard and I found that there's just so many resources out there for maths that it's hard not to find something that will help you. I'm not sure if that made any sense at all, and if it didn't I'm sorry I haven't had any sleep, but the main thing I'm trying to say is, no matter how bad you think you are at maths, there's always a a way around it; namely practice.

I really do wish you the best of luck with the rest of your exams and I hope you get your course at uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    absolutely agree with this. I was predicted a D at maths but spent two weeks solidly practising and got an A! I wouldn't say I understood any of it but if you're doing medicine you won't need that level of maths for anything you will be doing in your course. :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.