Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I've applied for an undergraduate degree in Social Work. I have 3 interviews and I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what they're looking for at interview?
    Also, does anyone know roughly what the timetable is like if accepted? How much lecture time there is?
    I would like to know as I have a 6 month old son, but i'm worried if I ask how many hours of lectures there will be, they will think badly of me.
    Any advice I would really appreciate
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, 1st year SW student here.
    In terms of interview, a lot of unis want to know, firstly, the reasons for you wanting to become a social worker. They also look for you to have an understanding of social work and what the job entails, to follow on from that you should have knowledge on the ethics and values expected of a social worker. If you can be reflective in your interview and talk about your strengths and weaknesses in interview this may be helpful as qualified social workers are required to reflective and self-critical in practice.

Timetables vary but on my course I've found that they can be quite flexible due to the amount of mature students with other commitments (not too early or too late finishes!).

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand. I am starting an MA in Social Work in Sept. I have 2 children 5 years and 2 and I want to know what my timetable will be be but don't want them to think I am already causing problems. have tried to find out every way I can but no one seems to know.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.