Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my boyfriend now for three months, and everything is fantastic

The only problem is, he is really against peircings.
    I don't have any, but i did have my ears done when i was eight, but reacted badly and had to let them close up.
    My mum has said that when my exams are over, i can get them done again, which i want to do, but he's really against it.

He's not saying i can't, but i will loose him a bit if i do.

what should i doooo?

ReputationRep:
    It's just ear piercings it's nothing too much:| if you're gonna find yourself doing things the way he wants, it might get to a point where he may become too controlling over you which I'm sure you don't want.. I think you should get your ears pierced because you said yourself you want to

ReputationRep:
    tell him to get to f*ck, it's just piercings and it's ur body, he can't tell u what to do.

ReputationRep:
    get them done - it's your body, your choice - and he should love you for that. he shouldn't get annoyed :-))

ReputationRep:
    You'll lose him if you get your ears pierced? Seriously? Wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sausageez)
    tell him to get to f*ck, it's just piercings and it's ur body, he can't tell u what to do.
    thats about right, its ears not like your getting multiple labia piercings and a cow ring

ReputationRep:
    I've had a similar thing with two of my partners - they're a bit freaked out by them and don't find them attractive. With one, I did get a piercing while in the relationship, and with my current one I haven't, but I haven't taken out one that's she's said she really doesn't like. It's hard - you have to weight up how much you want them and how the other person might feel if they genuinely think they're gross. But if it's just normal love piercings, I'd just do it because almost everyone has them and your boyfriend surely doesn't only go out with people who don't have them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lobe*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No problem if you get your eyes pierced. Your boyfriend is wrong to stop you. However, any other piercing andhe is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just get them done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    No problem if you get your eyes pierced. Your boyfriend is wrong to stop you. However, any other piercing andhe is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eyes pierced! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm his first girlfriend XD

I tried to talk to him about it, but he just said that if I got them peirced, I would put him in an impossible situation

I kinda get how he feels, coz I feel the same about tattoos...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sausageez)
    Calm down, dear.

ReputationRep:
    Over-reacting much? You're just getting you're ears pierced at the end of the day. If it really puts him ''in an impossible situation'', meaning that that he'll dump you over it, I don't think he's worth the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychadelicScarf)
    I'm his first girlfriend XD

I tried to talk to him about it, but he just said that if I got them peirced, I would put him in an impossible situation

I kinda get how he feels, coz I feel the same about tattoos...
    A impossible situation?
    What is he even on about?
    If he means its a deal breaker and he will call it off if you get your ears pierced then so be it, you would probably be better off without him, sounds a bit controlling.

Its only ear piercings too, I mean loads of girls have them? He is seriously limiting potential mates if he is put off by them

I don't understand people

ReputationRep:
    It's only your ears. I remember my mum had an issue with certain piercings but I went ahead and got them anyway. I wouldnt let anyone discourage me. Run it by him anyway, but if you want it done DO IT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckyyx)
    A impossible situation?
    What is he even on about?
    If he means its a deal breaker and he will call it off if you get your ears pierced then so be it, you would probably be better off without him, sounds a bit controlling.

Its only ear piercings too, I mean loads of girls have them? He is seriously limiting potential mates if he is put off by them

I don't understand people
    I don't either

He doesn't control me in any other way.

It's not like I'm obsessed with having them peirced, it's just I'd wuite like them.

I'd proberly react badly anyway...

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine someone breaking up with their partner because of it. It's so silly and trivial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychadelicScarf)
    Control freak alert. It's only ear piercings after all.

ReputationRep:
    Im laughing my ass off right now
    A ear-****ing-piercing

He defo wont like my mate with a tongue, lip, nose and nipple piercing
    oh and ofcourse her 4 ear piercings... that will defo make him scream

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.