Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure these kinds of things will have been asked before but I'd love some help/advice with some things I'm not sure of...

1.) What happens if I don't get my firm Uni, in terms of student finance as it only asked for details for there?

2.) Can I apply for bursaries from my insurance Uni if I don't get into my firm?

3.) I've applied for financial help from my first choice Uni. Do you know if that'll be removed straight from course costs and if so will it lower my Student Loan amount I need to pay back?

Firm is Leicester and insurance Chester in case of any specific knowledge :P

Thank-you in advance for any and all help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trickster873)
    I'm sure these kinds of things will have been asked before but I'd love some help/advice with some things I'm not sure of...

1.) What happens if I don't get my firm Uni, in terms of student finance as it only asked for details for there?

2.) Can I apply for bursaries from my insurance Uni if I don't get into my firm?

3.) I've applied for financial help from my first choice Uni. Do you know if that'll be removed straight from course costs and if so will it lower my Student Loan amount I need to pay back?

Firm is Leicester and insurance Chester in case of any specific knowledge :P

Thank-you in advance for any and all help.

1.) If you don't get in to your firm, you change the university details on your application as soon as you know where you are going.

2.) You don't 'apply' for bursaries. Eligibility is automatically determined by the information you give to Student Finance.

3.) I don't understand that you've applied for financial help from your firm? The only things you can 'apply' for are scholarships. Each scholarship is different and you get awarded different things. If you're awarded a fee waiver, the university get in touch with student finance and tell them that your fees are less. If you're awarded money, they put it in to your bank in 3 instalments, just like the student loans.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much

1.) Thank-you.

2.) Thank-you.

3.) My bad with the description and thank-you.

Overall, cheers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.