Turn on thread page Beta

Help! nasty friend! need advice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just need some advice about a recent encounter (friday afternoon) with a guy a thought was a good friend!

he thought id done something mean to one of our other friends (which i hadn't, he'd misunderstood) and, thinking this, he called me a vindictive little (here he trailed off) then a malicious... :eek:I was so shocked i didn't know what to say, Ive never been called anything like that before? im so upset about it. I'll see him again on monday, and i really want to tell him how much he hurt me, not just by what he said, but by the fact he was so quick to say it? like those words had just been waiting there?! does anyone have any advice? im completely out of my depth when it comes to dealing with this sort of a confrontation, please help! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    On Monday, just clarify with him that you did not do what he assume you to have done.

After everything is iron out, then tell him that you don't really feel good about what he said and that it hurts.

I am quite sure a normal person will apologise to you nisi he's a high on ego person.

I would admit that your guy friend pretty much jumps to conclusion way too fast and he's no doubt pretty much at fault.

Anyway, these type of conflict is part of day to day life. In the meantime, don't brood upon it since you are obviously innocent. Have a nice glass of milk and carry on with your routine lifestyle. Come Monday, when you meet him, then do what you are supposed to do.

Trust me, there's nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    I do understand that words do hurt. But seriously, since you are clearly innocent, don't let in get into your mind. Just take a nap and forget what he says for the time being.

Main point: Relax, don't brood about it.

ReputationRep:
    That makes me feel much better!! Ill talk to him about it! hes a christian, so he should be very repentant!!! (im not, so he'll probably end up praying for me !) Thanks for the advice! i have been thinking about it too much! but i have plenty of work to be doing! should keep my mind off it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma18)
    That makes me feel much better!! Ill talk to him about it! hes a christian, so he should be very repentant!!! (im not, so he'll probably end up praying for me !) Thanks for the advice! i have been thinking about it too much! but i have plenty of work to be doing! should keep my mind off it!
    You are welcome

Yup, you should probably do your work and don't let this minor stuffs affect you too much.
    [/COLOR]

ReputationRep:
    Your friend seems ver passionate, is he an Actor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Your friend seems ver passionate, is he an Actor?
    Its strange that that should come across? :confused: I dont think passionate would be the right way to describe him, hes just very tense and anxious, he wants to do medicine at brighton, and has offers, but generally does badly in exams, which is very hard for him, as he's not stupid he just cant seem to work effectively when overly stressed!

ReputationRep:
    I just assumed that becuse he used wonderful language in context in that situation, he,

A) doesnt get out much

or

B) was an actor.

ReputationRep:
    baby_angelz ca u plz look at my thread and help me. please.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds as if the words were on the tip of his tongue, waiting to be unleashed at the nearest oppurtunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    It sounds as if the words were on the tip of his tongue, waiting to be unleashed at the nearest oppurtunity.
    Yess... that's what I thought it sounded like. Hmm.. the 'actor' theory is quite novel.

ReputationRep:
    I say Actor becuase i know a great lot of them (ok i do drama myself), very strange and animated arguements there, so... yeah...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Yess... that's what I thought it sounded like. Hmm.. the 'actor' theory is quite novel.
    Thats a big part of why it was so upsetting! that he could use those words so quickly!

(QUOTE)A) doesnt get out much

or

B) was an actor.(QUOTE)

I suppose id have to go for a!?

ReputationRep:
    Happens all the time!

ReputationRep:
    I like the theory that he was waiting for an opertunity to say those things but he might have just thought out what he was going to say before him. Either way you probably don't need him as a friend.

ReputationRep:
    try talking to the guy, it helps.....

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.