Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I need to know what will affect the distinctiveness of a corrie. E.G rock type

Also it would be great if anyone knew what affect the speed of its formation.

Thanks

Miels.

ReputationRep:
    A cirque isn't a rock; it's an amphitheatre-like bowl that forms the head of a glacial valley. An example that's relatively local to me:

Cwm Idwal

Cirques are formed through plucking and abrasion, basically. The speed of its formation would depend upon how fast the glacier is flowing, more than anything, I would imagine.

Wikipedia link

EDIT: Oh ****, sorry. Misread your first sentence. Not sure that I know what would affect the distinctiveness of a cirque. Uplift rate? Accumulation rate? How fast the glacier's flowing?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.