Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any revision material for the a2 exam (4th june) really struggling as the questions they ask are so different on each paper! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to just use the textiles at the cutting edge book and refer to the specification I think ((( its so difficult to revise for this!

ReputationRep:
    That's what I've been using but when you look at the mark schemes they want quite different answers to the book it's so hard!! Just hoping coursework will bring my grade up

ReputationRep:
    I know! It's just ridiculous they don't have a proper textbook. Depends on your luck on the day I guess haha but I'd say that book is the most usf of everything else :/ and the problem is the coursework is only 50% so it's really the exam that can bump things up (or down...) haha :'(

ReputationRep:
    hating it..

ReputationRep:
    If you go on my youtube I've been recording myself revise different parts of the specification:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mariadoesnotsmell
    I've covered all fibres, fashion up to the 1940's, some production systems, and wovens and non wovens

ReputationRep:
    This is the exam I'm most stressed about!! I looked at past papers, and they can literally ask anything? Like any random product from the last 100 years and expect us to know the designer, date, design, fabrics, influences etc etc... and none of that is even in the Textiles Cutting Edge book! I honestly don't know what to do!! Let's just hope the questions are ok xx

ReputationRep:
    I just don't know what to revise! The stuff that's in the specification isn't in the book, and impossible to find decent stuff online! Praying that nothing about eras come up . Think this is actually the hardest exam I have! X

ReputationRep:
    I hope pattern cutting comes up, but it probably won't knowing my luck. This exam is horrific, people underestimate it so much and it drives me crazy!

ReputationRep:
    does aybody know what the grade boundaries are for this exam? actually cant believe how hard this exam is, ridiculous how open it is with the amount of detail you have to put in.

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries change every year depending on how hard the paper is, I'm really stressing out right now. I probably know 25% of the spec hahahaah

ReputationRep:
    Everyone assumes its a doss subject that we just design in! If a design question comes up I'll be so happy! I reckon printing/dying and ethics might come up! 25% is more than me! Haha

ReputationRep:
    The spec is just far too wide, I kind of hope questions on designers will come up too! And I doubt designing questions will be on ours due to them being on the January and June AS papers this year! According to examiners reports, the pattern cutting questions were really poor last year so it might (I personally hope) come up, if anything on computer manufacturing comes up I'm screwed! And I know, everyone cries about their subject and compared to psychology it is 10000000000x easier! I mean out spec is 5 pages long meanwhile the psych is not even a page long! I needed a rant haha sorry also my teacher reckons tradition methods of dying/weaving may come up or maybe even sustainability xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    I know!! Such a long spec! I've not revised anything on last June's paper because I'm just praying they won't ask anything from it! And ugh, with you on the computer things - hate cam!! And there seems to be so much irrelevant stuff in the book? Like that page on printers that designers use like ink jet, laser, thermo blah blah, so rubbish! Also history of fashion - cannot remember exact dates for the life of me!xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilylawx)
    The grade boundaries change every year depending on how hard the paper is, I'm really stressing out right now. I probably know 25% of the spec hahahaah
    Not necessarily because a* is always 90% of the a2 year, and also Gove has been making quite a few changes and I'm wondering if after all the grade boundary trouble with aqa and OCR last year, they might just fix them :/ xx

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, the only good thing about it is that if you do well on the coursework you'll only need on average at least a D or C to get an overall B!
    I've never been so stressed for an exam, My teacher in school is literally the worst she hasnt taught us anything.
    I'm hoping theres a question on iconic fashion pieces. prayinggg

ReputationRep:
    I know! It's annoying that that book is basically our only resource for information and it don't even cover half the things we need to know like atlas and cupro! The internets crap for these things as well as I couldn't really find anything useful on ashanti strap/kente weaving in Africa! Honestly about to just give up hahahaa

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhhh! I'm beyond knowing what to revise now! We didn't have any form of teacher for half of this year so we didn't go to textiles at all! I've got an A* for coursework so if I get a U I should still average out at about a C for this year but really want higher! . I'm so nervous for tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    coursework is really the only thing saving most people from failing completely.

ReputationRep:
    I know, they should let us do just coursework

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.