Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did the ELS exam go? and what topics did you all answer questions on?
    unfortunately i wrote 'suspect' throughout the whole bail essay instead of 'defendent' - i think i got all of the points in there though, how many marks is this likely to lose me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellow0)
    How did the ELS exam go? and what topics did you all answer questions on?
    unfortunately i wrote 'suspect' throughout the whole bail essay instead of 'defendent' - i think i got all of the points in there though, how many marks is this likely to lose me?
    I did solicitors, sentencing, bail and police powers and I doubt you will lose any marks could be maybe 1 or 2 but as long as you got the main facts in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random1234567)
    I did solicitors, sentencing, bail and police powers and I doubt you will lose any marks could be maybe 1 or 2 but as long as you got the main facts in
    Ahh thats good how was the police powers question? I did the same as you but mags/juries instead of police powers :P also on the bail part B, would the woman be likely to get a life sentence? Because it was murder, but the circumstances are different :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh thats good how was the police powers question? I did the same as you but mags/juries instead of police powers :P also on the bail part B, would the woman be likely to get a life sentence? Because it was murder, but the circumstances are different :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah I wrote that she would get a mandatory sentence however her husband wanted to die and all that stuff

ReputationRep:
    yeah I wrote that she would get a mandatory sentence however her husband wanted to die and all that stuff
    Ahh fair enough! Overall it went well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh fair enough! Overall it went well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what did you right for the police rights for question 7?

ReputationRep:
    what did you right for the police rights for question 7?
    I didnt do police powers did mags/juries instead- i dont like police powers :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didnt do police powers did mags/juries instead- i dont like police powers :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    damn it lol what was that question?

ReputationRep:
    damn it lol what was that question?
    Haha, describe the role of magistrates and juries in criminal cases or something along those lines.. although i was focussing so much on remembering the more complex things that i forgot the simple stuff like magistrates sentence offenders etc haha :P dont think they have mixed mags/juries before aswell, first time and it threw me a bit haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They are a suspect until they enter court proceedings..Hope the exam went well. I'm currently at A2 and ELS was my fave. Easy A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und3niable_)
    They are a suspect until they enter court proceedings..Hope the exam went well. I'm currently at A2 and ELS was my fave. Easy A
    Im worried now was the question about the rights of the police during detention and search at the police station????

ReputationRep:
    Im worried now was the question about the rights of the police during detention and search at the police station????
    I never sat the paper so ask people who took it, and what did the q say?

ReputationRep:
    I only read the question breifly but i think it was rights of the police at the police station so that would be time limits/rights to a solicitor etc and also searches so intimate samples/strip search etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so does that mean i wont be marked down.. Its just in my revision notes it says the 'defendent' can be denied bail if there are reasonable grounds for believing.. Blah blah .. So if i wrote suspect instead, is that okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I only read the question breifly but i think it was rights of the police at the police station so that would be time limits/rights to a solicitor etc and also searches so intimate samples/strip search etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh phew but I heard that it invloved rights of individual which I didnt doo anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so does that mean i wont be marked down.. Its just in my revision notes it says the 'defendent' can be denied bail if there are reasonable grounds for believing.. Blah blah .. So if i wrote suspect instead, is that okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that should be fine. lemme just check... my bail notes from last year say both defendant and suspect. They're technically a suspect until they are convicted/acquitted anyway so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    oh phew but I heard that it invloved rights of individual too which I didnt doo
    Hmm possibly, i cant remember :s thats things like rights to a heated, lit, ventilated room etc right? im sure if you mentioned right to have someone informed and right to a solicitor then you will get most of the marks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that should be fine. lemme just check... my bail notes from last year say both defendant and suspect. They're technically a suspect until they are convicted/acquitted anyway so don't worry
    Thank youuu! Hopefully it went okay ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm possibly, i cant remember :s thats things like rights to a hit, lit, ventilated room etc right? im sure if you mentioned right to have someone informed and right to a solicitor then you will get most of the marks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it was for search and detention I spoke about detention times ie 24 hours, 36 i spoke about having a solicitor etc will i atleast get half marks?
    But i didnt write about appropriate adult and stuff because I didnt see the rights of an individual

ReputationRep:
    it was for search and detention I spoke about detention times ie 24 hours, 36 i spoke about having a solicitor etc will i atleast get half marks?
    Should me more than half if you went into detail, usually it means you can still get the top of level 3 which is 14 i believe what were the points you made in a solicitors part B... Im just wondeing whether i did that right now :P
    Also i think appropriate adult doesnt matter because thats interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.