Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The AA keep giving me nuisance calls Watch

ReputationRep:
    I always gets 0800 numbers calling me around 5pm or 6pm each night. Usually I never answer 0800 numbers or any number that I don't know.

However, today I finally got annoyed and answered to finally tell them to eff off. Guess what? They hung up as soon as I answered? Is this some kind of joke or what? :rolleyes:

Are they just trying to see if I answer my phone?

I Googled the two numbers that always call me, and both of them are the AA, and it seems they do it to a lot of people.

I don't think I can block a number on my BlackBerry (it says 'blocking not available') so what else can I do?

I do not currently have AA Car Insurance, although I do have Breakdown Cover with them and recently called them out to fix my car. I presume this is why they are phoning me now, to see if I want to switch everything over to them.

The answer is NO! And if I do not stop getting these calls then I will cease my breakdown cover with them too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I presume this is why they are phoning me now, to see if I want to switch everything over to them.

The answer is NO! And if I do not stop getting these calls then I will cease my breakdown cover with them too.
    So tell them! :lol:

EDIT: Are there no decent blacklist apps on app world? iOS and Android usually have tons of them.

ReputationRep:
    Does it cost money to ANSWER 0800 numbers on your mobile?

ReputationRep:
    I emailed their customer service team this afternoon with a very angry email and I told them to remove me from their call list.

They emailed me back and said they have removed my number, so hopefully that's the end of it now.

But we shall see.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.