Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long to carry on persuing him before it starts to look weird and desperate? watch

It's another one of THOSE threads I'm afraid

I really really like this guy! I thought these feelings would pass so I ignored them because I'm not really in to the relationship scene right now but I've felt like this for >half a year now so I'm starting to think there's something there.

Issue is, I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me back. There's been a couple of incidents where I've gotten drunk at house parties and mentioned to my friends that I like him, which I later found out had got round to him hearing how I felt from various friends of mine. Apparently his response was 'impartial' whatever that's supposed to mean.

I KNOW I should take this as clear cut that nothing will ever happen but I still can't get him out of my head. Like what if he thought my friends were joking? What if he's waiting for me to make a move? He's a pretty shy guy and I'm pretty loud I guess.

Am I being ridiculous or should I just sit him down and tell him all? I don't deal well with rejection so if it went that way I'd probably end up avoiding him forever.

Also he has the cutest smile I've ever seen. Because this is totally relevant information

ALSO (last one I promise) I sometimes catch him looking my way but when I smile he'll often turn away quickly. And I feel like he avoids me sometimes, which doesn't always work because we have similar-ish friends.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is a right time to stop, because you have feelings for him which you can't just switch off, i have liked a guy for over 2 years. I turn my head when a boy i like smiles at me, because i'm shy so don't jump to the conclusion that he doesn't like you back. i can't make the decision of whether you ask him or no that is done to your heart.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him out. If he says no, move on. If he says yes its great. Although it is hard it is absolutely the best way in my experience.

Ah thanks for the advice. I'm terribly socially awkward when it comes to things like this. My main worry is, that if he actually was rejecting me before hand it will make me look super desperate. Or look extremely full of myself that I think I still have a chance.

Aaaahah maybe I will go for it at the end of term so I won't have to see him for a while...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ah thanks for the advice. I'm terribly socially awkward when it comes to things like this. My main worry is, that if he actually was rejecting me before hand it will make me look super desperate. Or look extremely full of myself that I think I still have a chance.

Aaaahah maybe I will go for it at the end of term so I won't have to see him for a while...
    You will never know unless you ask him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.