Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone had put down hull as their firm and if they were based at the scarborough campus?? Also if they were applying for the self-catered accommodatio? Im not exactly from round there, other side of the country in fact so would be nice to know some people who may be going

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have put Scarborough down as my firm choice and I have applied for self-catered I live in York so I'm not too far away, what course are you applying to do?

ReputationRep:
    What type of accommodation have you applied for?? En-suit or a standard room?? I am doing primary teaching, what about you??

ReputationRep:
    En-suit you? Yeah I'm doing the same I can't wait! Have you visited Scarborough before?

ReputationRep:
    Same here yeahh i came up a couple of times to visit and then obviously for the interview l, i love it i live right by liverpool so takes me a few hours to get there

ReputationRep:
    Thats not too bad, it takes me an hour and a half from the other side of York! Are you at college at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh, im in sixth form, what about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am doing Primary Teaching at Scarborough Campus

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys I accepted my place last week at Scarborough to study counselling can't wait! I am in the process of applying for accommodation (I ideallywant off campus self catered) but I am a little unsure as to which one to go for. I really like the sound of The George but I want somewhere lively but nice at the same time! Any suggestions? Would be nice to get to know who'll be starting this September

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for self-catered off campus accommodation still university run though. Are you looking forward to starting?? I cant wait!! Where are you from??

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be a warden at Attenbrough House next year, so if you're in self-catered accommodation there's a chance you'll end up living with me If you have any questions about the university or Scarborough, I'll do my best to answer them because I'm going into my third year and I've stayed living here the whole time (like summer etc.). So I know Scarbs pretty well.

(Original post by kingys92)
    Hey Guys I accepted my place last week at Scarborough to study counselling can't wait! I am in the process of applying for accommodation (I ideallywant off campus self catered) but I am a little unsure as to which one to go for. I really like the sound of The George but I want somewhere lively but nice at the same time! Any suggestions? Would be nice to get to know who'll be starting this September
    I lived at The George in my first year, and it was... an experience to say the least. I made some really good friends there but we were probably one of the better known houses because we were very lively and had lots of parties. Which is fine when you don't have a lecture in the morning, but not fine when you're really tired and have coursework due in! It was a good laugh though, I tried to warden there for this upcoming year but it had already gone because I applied very late.

ReputationRep:
    How long after results day do we find out what accommodation we are in??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstieJayne)
    How long after results day do we find out what accommodation we are in??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found out in mid-August, if I remember rightly, but Scarborough are notoriously slow at organising things. So you might not hear until late August if they're struggling to get all the information out. I got an email about it and a letter I think.

ReputationRep:
    Okayy, thankyou i was just worrying because i hadnt heard anything yet and they are my firm, but thankyouu

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a place at the george

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got a place to do primary teaching but haven't heard anything about accommodation yet. Did they just email you about it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing primary teaching too and I rang up to find out I'm in Cayley halls xx

ReputationRep:
    I'll ring them up if I don't hear off them soon are you looking forward to starting? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them last week to say i hadnt heard anything and they told me where i got

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But we get all the accommodation pack through post on the 19th August. So I would just wait till then. And yes I am looking forward to starting f
    Freshers week looks good xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.