AQA History Unit 2R Britain 1959-1975 A sixties social revolution?

Watch
zack_wilson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi

Any predictions on what will come up in this exam? Also does anyone know what the questions were which came up in the Jan paper?

Thanks.
chelseafan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm doing this exam
Charlotte1801
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wow new thread aha - u guys r in luck as I have questions for jan 2013 paper and also lots of predictions for this summer will put them on as soon as!!

is it just me or am I surprised to think this exam would have been a popular choice and yet this was only thread?? Shocking !!
Charlotte1801
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Right guys the past paper for jan 2013 I jus took pictures aha sorry my writing is on there - the only copy I had!!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  516.1 KB Name:  image.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  395.1 KB
Charlotte1801
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And the predictions we did in class hope these help!! My predicts are always right as my class all succeed the HIS1 exam!!
Views: 758
Size:  511.6 KB
chelseafan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte1801)
And the predictions we did in class hope these help!! My predicts are always right as my class all succeed the HIS1 exam!!
Thanks
AGKhan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thank you but I was just wondering if you could make this more clear? I've had a read but don't really understand it
Charlotte1801
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AGKhan)
Thank you but I was just wondering if you could make this more clear? I've had a read but don't really understand it
Yh sure basically the green/yellow are past exam questions showing what topics of textbook have come up then my predictions are the black ink under Neath the table - I'm predicting a fashion/music cause or impact 12 marker and a liberal society question as they haven't asked this directly also maybe an education or consumer society source however I believe they have over-exhausted the racial/immigration questions as both a source question or a normal 12/24 mark question!! Also the Wilson/Heath questions.

i find it useful to look at exam questions in textbook as it is very likely they could adapt these in exam as they have done previously!!

If anyone has their own predictions I'd be happy to discuss

hope this helps!!
Mike Horne
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just wondering if anyone had any good revision notes for Edward heath? its quite a bitty topic and the textbook isnt great. ive got really good notes for everything else so im happy to exchange
Xx4L3x
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Explain why visual image and advertisements became more important in magazines and newspapers in the 1960s. (12 marks)

I don't know how to answer this question without it sounding off-topic.
Charlotte1801
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Xx4L3x)
Explain why visual image and advertisements became more important in magazines and newspapers in the 1960s. (12 marks)

I don't know how to answer this question without it sounding off-topic.
This isn't the type of question they will ask in exam btw!! It's more likely to be 'explain why advertising became increasingly popular during the 1960s' hope this helps you to answer better!!
Xx4L3x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This isn't the type of question they will ask in exam btw!! It's more likely to be 'explain why advertising became increasingly popular during the 1960s' hope this helps you to answer better!!
Why did it?#
1) Consumer society meant more people were attracted - affluence
2) ?
3) ?
Charlotte1801
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Xx4L3x)
Why did it?#
1) Consumer society meant more people were attracted - affluence
2) ?
3) ?
growth of tv membership - ITV advert breaks advertised kellogs cereals, coffee etc.
increased consumerism - link to affluence an increased leisure.
people esp women inc buying magazines eg Oz and womens Own - advertisements for domestic, hair, fashion in here enticed women!!

hope this helps - in the exam if it comes up throw in some data to e.g the tv share of advertising rose from 3.4% in 1956 to 24.4% in 1975
Charlotte1801
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Mike Horne)
Just wondering if anyone had any good revision notes for Edward heath? its quite a bitty topic and the textbook isnt great. ive got really good notes for everything else so im happy to exchange
yes i agree this topic is hardest in book so ive attached some class notes we had on it hope they help!
Topic%204.%20Heath%20vs%20Wilson%20Industrial%20Relations[1].pptxTopic%204.1%20New-Style%20government[1].pptxWeek%2010%20Ted%20Heath%20and%20the%20Tory%20Govt%201970-74[1].docWilson's%20Govt%20in%20the%2060s[1].doc
Xx4L3x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Immigration won't come up (not likely anyway ))
Xx4L3x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Did music and fashion affect everyone? YES and NO?

Reasons?
Charlotte1801
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No immigration not likely but everything else is balanced

Looked at this today too :/ you could say it didn't affect everyone ie older generations still preferred traditional dress and ballads and new fashions and music shocked them!
you could also say Englebert Humperdinck beat the Beatles in 1967 with release me thus was a traditional popular choice!

it also relied on affluence so working class were more focused on earning a living!! (both need money to have) and music relied on technology if people didn't have record players they couldn't play records so most resulted in listening to transistor radios e.g BBC Radio One from 1967!!
jo7777
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have left revision for this exam pretty late in comparison with my other ones...
I'm going to leave the last section of the book out on immigration because I feel like they definitely wont put it in for a third year running!
Xx4L3x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jo7777)
I have left revision for this exam pretty late in comparison with my other ones...
I'm going to leave the last section of the book out on immigration because I feel like they definitely wont put it in for a third year running!
Ive left it pretty late I feel under-prepared.

However you never know, revise // scan immigration in case it comes up as a source. AQA always surprise you, but music and fashion will definitely come up.
zack_wilson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thank you soo much.
So you think it will be a consumer society or education for source based, and liberal society/ technology for the next questions?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (103)
27.39%
England (126)
33.51%
Belgium (30)
7.98%
Germany (40)
10.64%
Spain (8)
2.13%