Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've put myself into a **** situation.
    Im doing AS maths/further maths and am doing C2/FP1/S1/D1(further maths)/NM(further maths) as my modules. I already did C1 in jan and got 97 UMS, did FP1 yesterday and reckon i'll get 95+ UMS and have NM/C2/S1/D1 in the following week(s).
    I don't think im doing well in both NM/S1, maybe Cs in both if anything.
    If I get myself 95+ UMS in C2, then with my C1 score what can I roughly get in S1 to still have an A in AS maths? Same for FM, if I get 95+ UMS in FP1, and maybe 80-ish UMS in D1 how much can I rouughly get in NM?

Cheers im on MEI
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I wouldn't focus on the "what ifs". Just get off TSR and focus on the areas of S1/NM that you're shaky with. If you got 97 in C1, and think that you aced the C2 exam, then you are more than capable of doing well in the other modules. You still have time! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Youve done well so far, just start studying now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent.)
    I wouldn't focus on the "what ifs". Just get off TSR and focus on the areas of S1/NM that you're shaky with. If you got 97 in C1, and think that you aced the C2 exam, then you are more than capable of doing well in the other modules. You still have time! Good luck
    I got the NM on friday so little I can do, but S1 is on the 24th of May. I dont know **** about probability
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    I got the NM on friday so little I can do, but S1 is on the 24th of May. I dont know **** about probability
    Its Tuesday! If I were you I'd do all the past papers over and over and over again (starting from now, get off TSR ) until friday. Oce you've sat the NM exam, you can get up to speed on probability... revision classes / online vids / textbook questions. You still have time! I think its the nerves talking.

ReputationRep:
    Its Tuesday! If I were you I'd do all the past papers over and over and over again (starting from now, get off TSR ) until friday. Oce you've sat the NM exam, you can get up to speed on probability... revision classes / online vids / textbook questions. You still have time! I think its the nerves talking.
    What'd you mean? NM (numerical methods) is on friday and S1 is on the 24th (next friday).
    Yeah im defo gonna do that cheers! From the 17th all I have is Chemistry unit 2/S1/D1 so a while to do it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What'd you mean? NM (numerical methods) is on friday and S1 is on the 24th (next friday).
    Yeah im defo gonna do that cheers! From the 17th all I have is Chemistry unit 2/S1/D1 so a while to do it.
    Ohh. Focus on this Fridays exam so do all the past papers for NM from now (literally now! ) until you have to sit it. Good luck with it

ReputationRep:
    Ohh. Focus on this Fridays exam so do all the past papers for NM from now (literally now! ) until you have to sit it. Good luck with it
    Alright, do you have any experience with S1/D1/CHEM2?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Alright, do you have any experience with S1/D1/CHEM2?
    Not a clue, but chem 2 yeah. Which exam board are you with?

ReputationRep:
    Not a clue, but chem 2 yeah. Which exam board are you with?
    AQA, i need roughly 72/100 for an A overall in chemistry!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    AQA, i need roughly 72/100 for an A overall in chemistry!
    Ah I'm with OCR salters. So a low B?

ReputationRep:
    I've put myself into a **** situation.
    Im doing AS maths/further maths and am doing C2/FP1/S1/D1(further maths)/NM(further maths) as my modules. I already did C1 in jan and got 97 UMS, did FP1 yesterday and reckon i'll get 95+ UMS and have NM/C2/S1/D1 in the following week(s).
    I don't think im doing well in both NM/S1, maybe Cs in both if anything.
    If I get myself 95+ UMS in C2, then with my C1 score what can I roughly get in S1 to still have an A in AS maths? Same for FM, if I get 95+ UMS in FP1, and maybe 80-ish UMS in D1 how much can I rouughly get in NM?

Cheers im on MEI
    You should really try and aim for 100

And bear in mind you can redeem yourself next year by acing C3 and 4 and the additional module!

You need to get 240 to get an A so need 145 so if you get say 90 in C1 you can scrape an A with only 55 though don't get complacent brah!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.