The Student Room Group

How much are you spending on petrol/fuel per week?

I'm currently spending £20 approx./ week. On Diesel.

approx. £1040/year.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Between 20-35, depending on where I've been. I do about 230 miles per week, with an extra 120 or so every other week when I go and see my boyfriend.

ETA: Petrol.
Reply 2
£130 ish.
Reply 3
£80-100
Reply 4
In the last two weeks I've burned through £30/week, but hoping to get that down to £15/week once I've gotten over having a new car. On the upside, my new 1.8TD gets far better economy than my old 1.4 petrol, so that's awesome.
£5 - £10. Covering around 15 miles per day commuting + whatever I ride at the weekend.

Motorbikes are awesome.
I don't drive when I'm at uni, but at home iit probably works out at about £8 a week (costs about £35 to fill up every 4 weeks or so). I don't make any regular trips though, so there are a fair few days when my car doesn't get used at all - if I had a job that I needed to drive to or whatever it'd cost far more, in all likelihood.
About 75 a week, £3640 a year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
£40-£50
Reply 9
about £45, around 320 miles/week.
Reply 10
On my last car I was spending £180 per week on petrol. Current car is about £80 per week on diesel!
Reply 11
Just out of curiosity...how much will it cost me on fuel if I drive around 50 miles a week?

Car is a 02 VW Polo 1.2L Petrol
Reply 12
Too much is the answer! When will the government understand? It is totally unethical to 'tax the tax' on petrol and diesel. Unless they want a repeat of the petrol price rebellion of 2000, I suggest they start cutting, not raising prices!
Reply 13
Original post by Wors
Too much is the answer! When will the government understand? It is totally unethical to 'tax the tax' on petrol and diesel. Unless they want a repeat of the petrol price rebellion of 2000, I suggest they start cutting, not raising prices!

The tax is high but it isn't rising. Blame the fuel companies for the higher prices.
Reply 14
Original post by SFeet
Just out of curiosity...how much will it cost me on fuel if I drive around 50 miles a week?

Car is a 02 VW Polo 1.2L Petrol

Probably around £10 maybe lower depending on how much of that is city driving.
I don't know exactly, put £50 odd in on Sunday and it filled it up. 3 quarters of the tan left, including going around 80 miles to the airport and back, and then travelling to work and back for the past 3 days. My miles per gallon was on 28 on Sunday morning, got it up to 34.4 since. Finally getting use to my new car.
I have passed my test recently so am literally driving everywhere, sometimes even driving just for fun even when I don't need to do anything. Spending around £40-50 per week
Reply 17
Original post by FXX
The tax is high but it isn't rising. Blame the fuel companies for the higher prices.

Bull.

Most of the cost of a litre of fuel is duty and vat.
^ This.

Fuel here costs about 80p / litre from the very same companies. America it's closer to 80p/gallon which I'm looking forward to on the road trip. Don't think I'll be using the car as often when it gets here the way fuel costs are going :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by JC.
Bull.

Most of the cost of a litre of fuel is duty and vat.

Read what I said again. The tax is high, but it isn't going up at the moment. Price rises are down to the fuel companies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending