Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where can I get my Xbox 360 fixed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So my mate gave me his xbox as he got a new one but whenever I turn it on there are three flashing lights surrounding the power button, apparently a well-known problem. I am looking to have it repaired but I checked out a website called Console Kings and they said they can have a guy pick it up from my house and then send it back once it's fixed. The site looks very legit but when I call their number they never answer. I signed up online to have my xbox repaired and they replied a day later saying they tried to call me but cound't get through and asked me what day they can pick it up from my house. I noticed that this is a chain email, having been sent to around 16 people. Doesn't this mean the part of the email where they said they coudn't get through to me would have been sent to all of these people as well? How would all of these people be having problems with their phone or just missed the same call on the same day??? This sounds suspicious to me.
    I also emailed another webpage called Xbox repair guy and it just says my request has been pending for the past 2 days.
    Can I trust these places? I'd rather just turn up to a place face to face and pick it up later. Are there any places that do xbox repairs in London, preferably North London? Are there any places that you guys can recommend me that you know are legit.
    Thanks alot in advance

ReputationRep:
    Fix it by throwing it away

ReputationRep:
    Microsoft will repair it for you. If it's less than three years old they will do it for free. If it's older you need to pay a fee (not sure how much) but you're probably better off spending money with Microsoft than those dodgy sounding companies. I'm not sure how you check your consoles age without a reciept. Maybe they can check using the serial number.
    http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-3...f7bd465d6ec7f2

ReputationRep:
    I got my xbox fixed around 2 years ago via microsoft and the service was terrible! The xbox took about 5 weeks to come back to me. In Winter aswell, I suppose it was going back and forth to Germany but I felt the time taken was atrocious

ReputationRep:
    Fix RROD yourself. A kit is about £2 and there are plenty of videos showing you how. Might be worth investing in an Xbox opening kit too (theyr're quite specific for model so choose carefully) as getting the buggers open is tricky to say the least!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'd throw it away and pick up a second hand Slim instead.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.