The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

Luton at Night

Hi, I'm going to the University of Bedfordshire this coming September and was just wondering whether anybody knows what the night-life is like in Luton?

Thanks. :smile:
Hi there,

The nightlife is entirely what you make of it, to be honest. I've lived here for just under a year now. There are few clubs near the town centre and several bars that tend to convert to club-type things on certain nights/weekends. If you like going out, you'll be fine :smile:
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Killer Penguin
Hi there,

The nightlife is entirely what you make of it, to be honest. I've lived here for just under a year now. There are few clubs near the town centre and several bars that tend to convert to club-type things on certain nights/weekends. If you like going out, you'll be fine :smile:

Thanks for the reply, dude! I had pretty much accepted defeat with this thread, haha!

Right, OK. It's pretty much the same situation with where I live. Did you travel out of Luton for a night out at all? If so, where'd you go?

Also, one more question: what are the chances of me being in a mixed-hall? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by haitch
Thanks for the reply, dude! I had pretty much accepted defeat with this thread, haha!

Right, OK. It's pretty much the same situation with where I live. Did you travel out of Luton for a night out at all? If so, where'd you go?

Also, one more question: what are the chances of me being in a mixed-hall? :smile:

Should have added it to my META THREAD!

If you apply for mixed halls, then you'll more than likely to end up there :smile: Just fill out the application accordingly.
Reply 4
Should have added it to my META THREAD!

If you apply for mixed halls, then you'll more than likely to end up there :smile: Just fill out the application accordingly.

All right. Well, I've got to wait until my offer is confirmed as unconditional before I can complete the remaining accommodation steps.

As a whole, how was the whole experience in the first year? How old was you when you started?
Original post by haitch
All right. Well, I've got to wait until my offer is confirmed as unconditional before I can complete the remaining accommodation steps.

As a whole, how was the whole experience in the first year? How old was you when you started?

My experience has been completely fine. Can't stress this point enough though: If you need help, go and ask for it, there's always someone who will assist.

I was 20, I'm now 21.
Reply 6
My experience has been completely fine. Can't stress this point enough though: If you need help, go and ask for it, there's always someone who will assist.

I was 20, I'm now 21.

Yeah, I'm sure I will, mate. Ah, OK, I'll be 21 when I start. How come you didn't start until you were 20, mate (if you don't mind me asking, that is)? Were there many students who were similarly-aged (by "similarly-aged", I mean between the ages 20-22) or did you end up being the granddad of the bunch? :biggrin:

I saw the photo of your room in your META thread: is that just a standard or is there an en-suite hiding behind the camera? What're you doing about accommodation for your second year?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by haitch
Yeah, I'm sure I will, mate. Ah, OK, I'll be 21 when I start. How come you didn't start until you were 20, mate (if you don't mind me asking, that is)? Were there many students who were similarly-aged (by "similarly-aged", I mean between the ages 20-22) or did you end up being the granddad of the bunch? :biggrin:

I saw the photo of your room in your META thread: is that just a standard or is there an en-suite hiding behind the camera? What're you doing about accommodation for your second year?

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, been busy!

I started this late because I wanted a year out, I needed a break from structured education; I ended up taking a further year out due to problems at home.

The students are mainly in their late teens, early 20's here, but there are some mature students dotted around too.

The photo of the room I showed was an en-suite, yes, costing £588 p/m

My second year accommodation is being sorted out imminently. I'm staying with 3 friends in a house for £225 p/m :smile:
Reply 8
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, been busy!

I started this late because I wanted a year out, I needed a break from structured education; I ended up taking a further year out due to problems at home.

The students are mainly in their late teens, early 20's here, but there are some mature students dotted around too.

The photo of the room I showed was an en-suite, yes, costing £588 p/m

My second year accommodation is being sorted out imminently. I'm staying with 3 friends in a house for £225 p/m :smile:

No problem, mate.

All right, fair enough, my reasons are pretty similar to yours, too. OK, that's fine, I can live with that.

What?! £588 a month?! Is that like the standard price? I'm planning on going for a non-en-suite room: I'm guessing they're slightly cheaper?
Original post by haitch
No problem, mate.

All right, fair enough, my reasons are pretty similar to yours, too. OK, that's fine, I can live with that.

What?! £588 a month?! Is that like the standard price? I'm planning on going for a non-en-suite room: I'm guessing they're slightly cheaper?

Yeah, that's the second most expensive one, with the most expensive being a studio flat.

You can look at all the prices here :smile:
Reply 10
Yeah, that's the second most expensive one, with the most expensive being a studio flat.

You can look at all the prices here :smile:

I'm a little confused: is a non-en-suite the same as a standard room with a shared bathroom?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending