The Student Room Group

Higher Biology 2013

im sitting at around 80 percent in multiple choice and about 50 percent in the section B. but i think tomorrows paper will be horrible as last y ears paper was quite good. does anyone know anything that really helps to improve for section B and C ? GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !

Scroll to see replies

ANYONE have the answer scheme? what a horrendous paper
Well I did not enjoy that...
Reply 3
I agree some of the questions I had no idea! But the ecoli question was a gift!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Essays were definitely better than i expected, multiple choice was ok...but section B...i have not seen that many graphs in a bio past paper in my life :L
Reply 5
I didn't enjoy the essays at all, I thought the multiple choice was nice though

Posted from TSR Mobile
i want the answers now wahh :L need to see just how badly that went:L
Reply 7
Our teacher was there at the end and she had already done the whole paper but I didn't stick around to see because I was too scared to see everything id done wrong aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hiimsophx
Our teacher was there at the end and she had already done the whole paper but I didn't stick around to see because I was too scared to see everything id done wrong aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i missed out so much haha, at least one part of every question :L
Reply 9
That one about the marram grass I was like what the hell is this ha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
i wrote down what i put down for the multiple choice:
1-A 2-B
3-C 4-A
5-A 6-B
7-D 8-A
9-B 10-D
11-C 12-C
13-C 14-D
15-A 16-B
16-C 17-A
18-C 19-D
20-D 21-B
22-A 23-C
24-D 25-D
26-A 27-B
28-C 29-B
30-C
That's was awful.. Section B was so hard. Multiple choice and essays were good though
(edited 10 years ago)
i thought that "name the cell one" looked like sperm :smile:) thank gawd i never wrote that, marker may have failed me on that basis alone :smile:))
Reply 13
Yeah I named that cell a hair root cell but I seen the teacher after and she said it was a cell epidermal cell which I thought was a bit obvious as the question was speaking about the epidermis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I'm not really sure how that went...I thought the essays were good and section A was alright, but section B...what was that!? :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Original post by hiimsophx
Yeah I named that cell a hair root cell but I seen the teacher after and she said it was a cell epidermal cell which I thought was a bit obvious as the question was speaking about the epidermis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote root hair cell too!
Reply 16
I thought Section B was quite difficult. I mean there were so many problem solving questions. The experiment with the lead was so confusing. Any one have a copy of the paper or answers?
Reply 17
Oh well let's just hope they put down the grade boundaries haha!! Praying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by SeekerSky
I wrote root hair cell too!

I put root cell? Would I get the mark..or?
Reply 19
My teacher told me I wouldbt get the mark for saying root hair cell but everyone I spoke to afterwards said they'd put that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending