Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm sure its been asked before but I wanted to ask specifically.

Basically i have quite a few scars on one arm, Now there quite obvious to what they are.

most of them are pretty old But what would the school do about it if a teacher was to see? s
    Some were quite deep and look very red.(some are quite new :/)

thanks

ReputationRep:
    This depends on your ages and your risk . It is very likely that they will required u to see a child protect officer or someone similar if you are under 16 and referral to mental health service can be make . But after all if you keep it in control and shown them there's nothing to worry too much and ensure you are already in good hand ( seeing someone regarding that ) then they might just maybe provide counselling service or have someone chat to u just every so often to ensure you r fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 16 Incase that changes things. If they look recent i guess its different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 16 Incase that changes things. If they look recent i guess its different?
    They'll probably ask you to speak to the nurse/councillor

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    They would probably talk to you about it and ask you to go to some sort of talking therapy (like a councillor or school nurse). At your age I doubt they would talk to your parents about it without at least informing you but they are under obligation to report it to somebody (usually a councillor or social worker) if they are concerned for your safety.

Btw since you are obviously under a lot of emotional pain I would suggest you talk to somebody about it. don't suffer in silence. it may be a good idea for you to talk to a trusted family member or teacher yourself instead of trying to hide it.
    And treat what scars you have. Cocoa butter helps to reduce scaring and soothes the pain with healed cuts and scrapes I find so that may help you. If they are deep or serious please don't leave them to get worse and don't be afraid to ask for help. x

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Kindred)
    They would probably talk to you about it and ask you to go to some sort of talking therapy (like a councillor or school nurse). At your age I doubt they would talk to your parents about it without at least informing you but they are under obligation to report it to somebody (usually a councillor or social worker) if they are concerned for your safety.

Btw since you are obviously under a lot of emotional pain I would suggest you talk to somebody about it. don't suffer in silence. it may be a good idea for you to talk to a trusted family member or teacher yourself instead of trying to hide it.
    And treat what scars you have. Cocoa butter helps to reduce scaring and soothes the pain with healed cuts and scrapes I find so that may help you. If they are deep or serious please don't leave them to get worse and don't be afraid to ask for help. x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you ,
    It sounds horrible but i don't think I am. under a lot of emotional pain. Maybe i just can'y see it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm sure its been asked before but I wanted to ask specifically.

Basically i have quite a few scars on one arm, Now there quite obvious to what they are.

most of them are pretty old But what would the school do about it if a teacher was to see? s
    Some were quite deep and look very red.(some are quite new :/)

thanks
    Hey I still have some scars of mine. Just explain that you were in a bad place but it's nothing to be alarmed at now. The scars just won't go away.

Also if you forget they're there others will too. Only 2 ppl that have asked me about my scars have been ppl close to me- my gf and a close friend. I just forget they're there 99% of the time.

Oh and just noticed you're still harming. Best to stop. My scars are still visible 6 years on. You'll regret it later. Seek help..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sometimes it's difficult to get to the reason but there almost always is one for you to feel you have to do something like that. Your college/ school may have a counselling service you could try or you can give Samaritans an email ([email protected]) for some confidential advice and to talk things through. Just try it once, no worries if you don't want to do it again. It would also be good to talk to a friend, teacher or family member so they can support you.

Don't worry about the scars you already have. There's nothing you can do about them now so just don't add to them. They may fade as you get older but for now, like the previous person said, just try not to let them bother you. If you feel down look at them to remind you where it gets you and try an alternative. Scribbling in red pen helps sometimes and Childline has a rather good list of other alternatives to relieve the feeling.

Good luck and best wishes. x

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Kindred)
    Don't worry about the scars you already have. There's nothing you can do about them now so just don't add to them. They may fade as you get older but for now, like the previous person said, just try not to let them bother you. If you feel down look at them to remind you where it gets you and try an alternative. Scribbling in red pen helps sometimes and Childline has a rather good list of other alternatives to relieve the feeling.

Good luck and best wishes. x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gosh could you imagine talking to a teacher..
    An issue I have is the thought well what is just one more scar...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah it's a crazy thought XD they can sometimes be of use though.

It's just one more now but a month later it's 10 then it's up the other arm. Try to break the cycle, it's hard to start with but eventually you'll get used to a new way of coping and this will all be behind you.

I can relate somewhat to where you are now. I had a time where I did some stupid stuff. Luckily my friends helped me break the cycle and now I don't get the urge so much. When I do get the urge I have other ways to cope so I've never done it since.

So take it from me, it seems like the only option at the moment or like you just can't stop bit you're still young and you have so much more time in which this wont be a problem. Do yourself a favour and help that time come sooner.

Take a look at the advice on Childline, it's helped me. I know it sounds a bit babyish but the advice is good all the same. It may not all work for you but give it a go cos there will be something there that helps. It's worth the effort. x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.