Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    Hope anyone out there has some good arguments for me

I'm really happy because I got an offer for the MSc in Latin American Studies at Oxford AND the Msc in Globalisation and Latin American Development at UCL.
    Choosing between these two is so hard, but at this point I'm relatively sure I like the MSc at UCL a bit more, content-wise. However, a lot of people have told me that it wouldn't be so smart to reject the offer from Oxford... Is not going to Oxford really the stupidest thing to do?
    Opinions?? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I defnitely think that rejecting an offer from Oxford, if you're more interested in the course offered at UCL is not a bad choice at all. Oxford (and Cambridge for that matter) are really good universities, but I reckon they're maybe praised a little bit too much sometimes, leading to prospective students believing that there is no way other universities can be as good. UCL, however, is a great uni and right up there with Oxford. Also, you should think about whether you'd do as well at Oxford, if you're more drawn to the other course content-wise, as at UCL, because you might feel less motivated.

Hope this helped a little bit!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.