Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Am i like the only one in the whole ****ing world to LOVE meek mill, kendrick lamar and ESPECIALLY lil wayne!!!!!!!!!!??????????

ReputationRep:
    dont know much of meeks songs but i like the other two , i think lil wayne is someone you have to listen to a few times before u start to like his stuff , i used to think he was annoying, but after listening to so many songs he features on iv ended up downloading some of his album stuff

ReputationRep:
    Lil Wayne has about as much musical talent as he does style. That is to say, none. None whatsoever. Kendrick Lamar and the rest of Black Hippy are dope as **** right now. The whole Beast Coast movement are becoming complete legends. Also started listening to Freddie Gibbs more recently, he's pretty special in the lyrics department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    Lil Wayne has about as much musical talent as he does style. That is to say, none. None whatsoever. Kendrick Lamar and the rest of Black Hippy are dope as **** right now. The whole Beast Coast movement are becoming complete legends. Also started listening to Freddie Gibbs more recently, he's pretty special in the lyrics department.
    hve no idea on who da **** u r on abat right now.
    you obviously hav NO taste in music if u dnt like LIL WAYNE!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usernme_)
    dont know much of meeks songs but i like the other two , i think lil wayne is someone you have to listen to a few times before u start to like his stuff , i used to think he was annoying, but after listening to so many songs he features on iv ended up downloading some of his album stuff
    my fave song of lil wayne right now is love me ft future and drake
    LOVE IT!!!!!
    i listen to it while revising and end up singing to it instead!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasolja123)
    Music is subjective!

ReputationRep:
    Rap music isn't too bad, I dont hate it but what I do hate is the message most rappers send with being pimps and druggies. At the moment I like trap music which is just like rap, but almost no vocals and is more focused on the producing of the music. Maybe listen to it sometime and see what you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_slasher)
    Rap music isn't too bad, I dont hate it but what I do hate is the message most rappers send with being pimps and druggies. At the moment I like trap music which is just like rap, but almost no vocals and is more focused on the producing of the music. Maybe listen to it sometime and see what you think?
    probs gonna check it out later...
    dnt hav time right now :-(

ReputationRep:
    ****. I bet that you've never even heard of Big L before. Can't believe the tastes of some people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDWAk8-leVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRY1k6aSE0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfd2b5CajNc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=205K9Pim2oE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MizRman)
    Music is subjective!
    k
    whatevs

ReputationRep:
    But people like drake and jay z are better than this guy. Saying that it's subjective is like saying its subjective that Messi is better than Arshavin

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    k
    whatevs
    :fatcontroller:

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisG123)
    But people like drake and jay z are better than this guy. Saying that it's subjective is like saying its subjective that Messi is better than Arshavin

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please then, explain what puts Drake and Lil Wayne so far above these guys. And don't say "cos they got a million records sold" or some ****.

ReputationRep:
    i kinda checked out lyrics of one of da guys u mentioned and he seems ok
    dnt compare to lil wayne tho
    lil wayne is just WOW!!!!!!!!-got a sick voice too

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    'better than this guy' - that's the point.

That's your opinion, it's what you feel about Jay Z and Drake.

Lol, I actually agree with you those two guys are better.

ReputationRep:
    Am i like the only one in the whole ****ing world to LOVE meek mill, kendrick lamar and ESPECIALLY lil wayne!!!!!!!!!!??????????
    Lil Wayne is the best. Looks like we may be related?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    Please then, explain what puts Drake and Lil Wayne so far above these guys. And don't say "cos they got a million records sold" or some ****.
    That is just a sign that they're better, if they weren't please explain why they're record sales exceed most rappers? Drake is marketable but lil wayne hardly has mainstream marketability.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    As for Lil wayne I can't really argue about him being the best lyrically atm but back in 1996-2004 times, his lyrics were so awesome - so emotional and many times easily to relate to. As for Drake I can't say nothing about him, all I hear is 'She got a body like that'

ReputationRep:
    That is just a sign that they're better, if they weren't please explain why they're record sales exceed most rappers? Drake is marketable but lil wayne hardly has mainstream marketability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree Lil Wayne is hardly marketable but look at him now. It's just the fact he is so diverse, you can't really say that rapper x is like Lil Wayne, he's just too unique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Student__)
    Lil Wayne is the best. Looks like we may be related?
    totally!!!
    wat's ur fave song????
    mines LOVE ME!!!!!!!!!!-sick song n video-lil wayne has like the best parts in all da songz he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.