Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    This post is on behalf of a friend.

    She is dropping out of uni after her first year, and wishes to apply to a uk uni (she currently studies in holland - shes dutch too). She will have ECTS points, that she wishes to declare on UCAS somehow - how does she go about putting this onto UCAS? Failing that, how does she put that she has passed, or at least planning to pass the first year onto UCAS? What happens if she doesnt pass this year?

    EDIT: why was i negged for this?

    She needs to include the uni details in the education section , even though it says "add school/college". However, the uni won't be on the list and she'll have to type it in manually - this may come up with an error message, but if she reads it it will explain what to do.

    Unis may decide to make a conditional offer saying that she can only get in if she passes the year. If she fails then she won't have a place. However, they may make an unconditional offer if they feel her other qualifications are sufficient - if so, failing won't affect her applciation.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.