Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm applying to university this year so my first year will be 2013/14.
    On the student finance form it asks for 2011/12 income however our household income has changed by more than 15% so we are trying to complete a current year income form using income information from 2012/13.

    However, there are two forms to choose from; one for students starting after 1st September 2013 which wants you to include details on 2013/14 income and one for students starting before 1st September 2013 which wants you to include details on 2012/13 income.
    So the issue is which form do we fill in because I start after 1st September 2013 but want to use the income information from 2012/13.

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Savannah,

    This isn't an option unfortunately.

    You need to complete the 13/14 form and your parents will need to supply their expected 13/14 income info, we can't take the 12/13 year's details into consideration for your claim unfortunately.

    Please note that your parents will need to have given us their 11/12 details in order for us to determine that the household income has definitely decreased by 15% between 11/12 and 13/14.

    Hope this helps,
    • Thread Starter

    Ok, that makes sense.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.