Kaitlyncross97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
How did you find the B1, B2, B3 Biology Exam? I was told to revise The Nitrogen Cycle and Homeostasis... which was not mentioned at all :/

-The second question in confused me about labelling the genotypes of the people from the genetic diagram, what??
-I also freaked out when I saw we had to draw a graph, was it just me who drew a curved line of best fit rather than a straight line?:confused:

I was pleased with the 6 marker about clones though!
yarrumD
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I believe you we're right to draw a curved line of best fit as that was the type of line appropriate for those points. Unfortunately, I drew a straight one.

Second question confused me also, especially part a ii. Think I got it but it didn't make much sense to me.

With that question about how clones are made, at first I wrote some rubbish for the answer for cloning in animals, then at the last minute I noticed how stupid I had been and had to quickly put down the answer, got it all down in time but it wasn't until after the exam that I also remembered about animal clones being made in labs, and I didn't put that :/

I'm not feeling brilliantly about it but also not awful, I did a lot worse when I did last year's exam as a mock and still got a low B in it. So it can't be that bad... I hope.
MissC123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey I'm new here and I did the paper too. I thought it was far easier than the mock, which was the b1 b2 b3 specimen paper given by the exam board. For the graph question I also drew a curve best fit line, didn't think about a straight line.
What did you get for the second question? I got gg gg; Gg gg; and gg Gg for the alleles combination.
And what did everyone write for the high blood pressure 6 mark question?
Amaze
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I talked about the contracting and relaxing value(e.g. 140/90, the first is the heart contracting and the latter is the heart relaxing) and lifestyle factors such as smoking, stress levels, BMI over 25, and diet and exercise having a part to play in an individuals blood pressure measurements. I also talked about genetic factors e.g., some families are more prone to heart disease and higher bpm
Kaitlyncross97
Rep:
?
For the second part of the second question I put gg and gg, Gg and gg then gg and Gg, I hope that was correct!

Then for the 6 maker on blood pressure I wrote about when the heart contracts the blood to be forced out causing high blood pressure, then when it relaxes it fills up with blood causing low blood pressure. Then I mentioned that individuals vary so the "normal" blood pressure will have a range. Then I wrote a line or two about lifestyle factors contributing to blood pressure e.g poor diet high blood pressure, balanced diet low blood pressure.

What points did you put for Evolution causes new species?
MissC123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wrote the same things pretty much for high blood pressure question.
For the evolution one I wrote about natural selection (survival of the fittest), selective breeding, mutation that introduces variation withing species. And you also had to write about isolation I think
Kaitlyncross97
Rep:
?
I put those points too and yeah I wrote about reproductive isolation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kunalan1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey! I done the B1, B2, B3 Science Foundation on the 14th May and anyone else done this over here? would really help if you share your answers you wrote so i am sure about some of the marks i will get
Sophy Johnston
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Was really annoyed that it didn't say anything about the Nitrogen Cycle or Homeostasis as well!! It asked all the least expected questions that I had somehow managed to miss as I was concentrating on the really hard stuff.. Think it went all right though... What did you draw/ write for the question about the antigens and the antibodies (was slightly confused by it and just want to check it!) Thanks, and well done to everyone! (I guess you're also doing the C123, and P123 exams on Mon and Thurs? So GOOD LUCK!
Acrux
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sophy Johnston)
Was really annoyed that it didn't say anything about the Nitrogen Cycle or Homeostasis as well!! It asked all the least expected questions that I had somehow managed to miss as I was concentrating on the really hard stuff.. Think it went all right though... What did you draw/ write for the question about the antigens and the antibodies (was slightly confused by it and just want to check it!) Thanks, and well done to everyone! (I guess you're also doing the C123, and P123 exams on Mon and Thurs? So GOOD LUCK!
Has the paper been released yet?
Acrux
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kaitlyncross97)
How did you find the B1, B2, B3 Biology Exam? I was told to revise The Nitrogen Cycle and Homeostasis... which was not mentioned at all :/

-The second question in confused me about labelling the genotypes of the people from the genetic diagram, what??
-I also freaked out when I saw we had to draw a graph, was it just me who drew a curved line of best fit rather than a straight line?:confused:

Has the paper been released yet?
kytren_16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kaitlyncross97)

Was there any other questions that were hard?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
5.05%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
14.14%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
19.19%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
10.1%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
18.18%

Watched Threads