Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sociology A level :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've never done sociology before, it isn't a GCSE option at my school but I am interested at doing it at A level, I just wanted to know if it's good? Is it interesting? psychology or sociology?? I hate science and I've heard psychology overlaps with science a bit so I was put of it, I'm interested in sociology because I like learning about people, is it like that? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sociology is pretty good at my college. I came on from doing the GCSE at school, so I had a little knowledge of what the teacher was talking about. It's a very academic course, which involves a lot of writing. Unlike maths, which is a very logical, sociology is very different as you need to be prepared to analyse questions and write essays looking at both sides of an argument.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! It sounds like something that would really suit me, is it okay I haven't done GCSE in it, I would of done but my school didn't offer it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was the only one in my AS class to take the GCSE and in the January exam 50% of our year got A's including myself. So I don't think it really matters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you!! it sounds really interesting to me, I think I might take it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is a very easy subject and with barely any effort compared to law I have got three A's in my units. As long as you like writing essays, it's great for you!

ReputationRep:
    When you get to your second year of Alevels whilst doing sociology it can get very hard and tough but if you like writing essays and you're good at memorising things then go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 22, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.