Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    UAL or Southampton Solent for Fashion Communication? xo

ReputationRep:
    My (ex) boyfriend goes to Southampton Solent and several of his roommates did a fashion course. They seemed to thoroughly enjoy it, and Southampton is a LOVELY city, with a great student life. ( I recommend Oceana - great club if you're into that kind of thing ).

The only thing is - the student accommodation seems a bit grungy. I've spent time in Kimber student residence - the rooms are tiny and the showers never work. Make sure you have a look around both student accommodations before applying to either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_xo)
    UAL or Southampton Solent for Fashion Communication? xo
    I think it depends what you want to get out of uni.

My friend goes to London and she said that she should have chosen elsewhere because despite it being a good degree and it one of the so called 'top' unis for fashion, her work load is horrendous, the cost of living in London is ridiculous and she doesn't get much social life because it's work work work.

If you want a student life besides work, I would go for Solent. Also everything is in a 5 mins walking distance from the campus at Southampton (clubs/bars/shops/accommodation etc) But it's completely personal preference!

If you do end up going to Solent, I might see you around. I'm doing Fashion Graphics

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.