The Student Room Group

Edexcel 17th MAY SPANISH GCSE EXAM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cfcforever
im hoping 24 for an a lol, thats how bad i did, really wanted the A cos i got A's in both the writing and speaking, and hopefully the reading however if i get a low c or even a d (and i wouldn't be surprised) then i probably gonna get a overall b but i want that A so badly

I'm glad I put in the extra effort in the Speaking & Writing or I'd be in an unbearable situation now

Posted from TSR Mobile
on the first question, did she leave her purse on the bus or at the cinema?/
Reply 42

Bus, she said she'd been to the cinema but had left it on the bus I think. They were trying to trick you from the offset.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aisforayla
Bus, she said she'd been to the cinema but had left it on the bus I think. They were trying to trick you from the offset.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put bus as well. hopefully thats right, can anyone confirm??
i put bus as well. hopefully thats right, can anyone confirm??

im sure its bus, as the guy asked her. for details she said ' i went to the cinema then i after my bus journey i couldnt find the purse
Reply 45

I put the bus
Original post by jennifer.tariah
im sure its bus, as the guy asked her. for details she said ' i went to the cinema then i after my bus journey i couldnt find the purse

ahh thanks, also for the question where i think rosa was asked about her trip what did she about her mother i put A cos i had no clue and for her father something about excursions
ahh thanks, also for the question where i think rosa was asked about her trip what did she about her mother i put A cos i had no clue and for her father something about excursions

what was option A again?
I'm actually so glad other people found it hard as well.

I found the listening exam ridiculously hard; I couldn't understand a word. :frown:

I found the reading exam way easier, but I'm just hoping for a C at the moment.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jennifer.tariah
what was option A again?

i think it was accomidation
what did you guys get for the reading paper?
Original post by MC-A
For that keeping healthy one, was one of the answers Aerobics after school or was that a trap. Also, that question about what each family person didn't like, was the Dad's reason the Excursions or Weather?

I think she said something like "lots of people do aerobics but all I do is walk to school" so aerobics was a trick I'm fairly sure, sorry :frown:
I think the dad was excursions because she said the weather was nice but he didn't like walking up mountains or something.

I hated the listening, I reckon the most I can get is about 28/30 and that's assuming I got everything else right... it's so annoying because I've done several practice papers and got in the 36 region and then in the real thing I understood none of the last question whatsoever! Plus I found the CV/job interview one really hard too so I think I dropped probably half the marks there.
Also did you guys get time at the end of your listening to go over any answers? We had about five minutes in our mock but then yesterday we didn't so I didn't even have time to try and think of some sensible answers for the last question :frown:
Reply 53
Original post by whydoesithappen
Also did you guys get time at the end of your listening to go over any answers? We had about five minutes in our mock but then yesterday we didn't so I didn't even have time to try and think of some sensible answers for the last question :frown:

I got a few minutes, I think.

I got As/A*s on the Speaking and Writing assessments, and I'm pretty certain of an A on Reading yesterday. Assuming I did, would a C in Listening get me an A over all?
It depends on whereabouts between the boundaries all your other marks are. If you look on the edexcel website there's a UMS calculator and you can put in your known scores and see what that would have got you in previous years to see what you need from the exams, here's the link http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/results/Pages/Convert-your-marks.aspx to get an A you need 240/300 UMS
Reply 55
How much would I need to get a B in reading and listening?
Reply 56
For the controlled assessments, do they all get individually marked or do the examiners pick a few, mark them and then decide whether to mark everyone else from my school up or down??
I think they mark a few of the writings and moderate them all based on that, but mark all the readings externally.

It depends on the grade boundaries, sometimes it's been 27, sometimes 25, usually around there but they move every year so you can't be sure
Reply 58
Original post by MC-A
Just looked it up and pasado manana is the day after tomorrow, how was anyone supposed to get that

In hindsight,

"pasado" = past
"mañana" = tomorrow

so it equals "past tomorrow"
which, I guess, is the day after tomorrow
Reply 59
Also, what did you guys put for

1. The last question on the reading, A, B or C?
2. What a CV should be like? Positive, neat, precise?
3. What you shouldn't put on a CV? Photo? Age?
4. What you should put on a CV? Past experience? Future plans?

Finally, I put down safety for what the Dad didn't like, I just assumed they went back because the dad felt it was unsafe, but your answers of the 'expedition' seems more correct, and you probably understood it all, I didn't :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending