Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Can someone please explain to me how to solve the question attached? The marking scheme talks about equilibrium between gaseous hydrogen and adsorbed hydrogen, but I didn't understand any of it.

Help would be really appreciated.

Name:  nanotube.png
Views: 59
Size:  15.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leosco1995)
    Hey,

Can someone please explain to me how to solve the question attached? The marking scheme talks about equilibrium between gaseous hydrogen and adsorbed hydrogen, but I didn't understand any of it.

Help would be really appreciated.
    There's no attached question.:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Oops, sorry. I added it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leosco1995)
    Oops, sorry. I added it now.
    Absorbed h2 is in equilibrium with gaseous h2... Maybe try looking up absorption isotherms to supplement your knowledge.
    As you lower the pressure of h2, hydrogen will (overall) desorb from the carbon as the pressure of h2 gas has dropped. This acts to maintain a near constant pressure of h2 in the container.
    I'm sure you can state le chataliers principle!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.