Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, what would you want from your girlfriend for your birthday? Watch

I'm really struggling this year! I'd been thinking simple: a bottle of his favourite alcohol, bake him a cake and a pretty basic item that I know he needs. It just doesn't seem special enough! But I've done the framed pic, homemade stuff before etc.

I'm thinking of scrapping all that and taking him out for a meal instead. Guys, what would you want for your birthday?

ReputationRep:
    Take him paintballing. Great day out and loads of fun.

ReputationRep:
    I would rather do something than get something. Go somewhere fun or interesting.

ReputationRep:
    cake, defiantly cake. Everyone likes cake. I would actually really like to eat some cake right now:ahee:.

In all seriousness theirs no definitive/blanket gift that every guy likes. You should just do something with him or a small gift but WE DON'T KNOW YOUR BOYFRIEND!

ReputationRep:
    buy him something pricey. psp vita something like that

ReputationRep:
    The exact same thing Jeremih was singing about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm really struggling this year! I'd been thinking simple: a bottle of his favourite alcohol, bake him a cake and a pretty basic item that I know he needs. It just doesn't seem special enough! But I've done the framed pic, homemade stuff before etc.

I'm thinking of scrapping all that and taking him out for a meal instead. Guys, what would you want for your birthday?

(Original post by Zero 1)
    I would rather do something than get something. Go somewhere fun or interesting.
    This. A great day out somewhere will provide memories that last a lifetime. Unfortunately, we don't know you or your boyfriend, so we can't give suggestions re. where to go.

(Original post by Zero 1)
    Yeah. The problem is I'm just graduating and am currently job hunting, so haven't got a lot of cash at the moment!

I asked him what his favourite restaurant was - and he mentioned one we actually went to for one of our first dates a few years back. I should be getting a late payment from my latest job soon, so thought I could give him a redeemable voucher sort of thing but would it not be better to give him something material, y'know?

So, new questions guys: homemade cake, bottle of favourite alcohol + other small gift OR taken out for meal at a restaurant?

ReputationRep:
    Get him tickets to Fast& Furious 6! What guy doesn't like that movie??

Anyone else? Can you answer my previous question two comments above?

ReputationRep:
    Sand which

ReputationRep:
    Vigorous and enthusiastic sex.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think it would be nice if you took him to the restaurant he likes, have a fun time, then at the end give him a small gift

ReputationRep:
    Cake, food and sex. Can't go wrong. I'd rather an intimate evening at home than a meal at a restaurant etc. But you'd be the best judge!

ReputationRep:
    Anal.

ReputationRep:
    Try something in the bedroom (or not :perv:) that he's wanted to do for some time + Cake + bottle of whatever drink he likes

ReputationRep:
    Wake him up in the morning with a blowy.

ReputationRep:
    980 pounds

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.