Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am wondering if anyone has exemplar essays or quiotes with analysis to help me?

ReputationRep:
    I did streetcar for my higher last year and got an A! What areas is it you need help with??

ReputationRep:
    well my english teacher isnt great. I would say i would struggle to do an essay relating to themes e.g death and desire and old and new amaerica etc. But also on the key scene question which comes up quite alot.

ReputationRep:
    Well for the key scene essay I always did five paragraphs! These were:
    -opinion on Blanche at the start
    -opinion on Blanche after key scene
    -key scene itself
    -opinion on Stanley and how it changes
    -how key scene relates to the themes.

I haven't got a plan for old and new America and my theme ones are basically just examples from all the different scenes to show the changing theme or how the theme changes your opinion on characters!

ReputationRep:
    thanks so much, do you have any good quotes or analysis? i have some but its the ones examiners hear 1 million times lol

ReputationRep:
    Well for the key scene essay I always started with blanches innocence so I used quotes like "daintily dressed" "moth like" and then described her in contrast to the backdrop of New Orleans with its raffish charms! Try to use as many small quotes as possible the markers love it! I also used ones about her husbands death to show the innocence of her and the sympathy we feel for her. I then did the paragraph on the turning point where I used the juxtaposition of her singing in the bath ( quote lyrics she sings) with Stanley's destruction of her! "Even the management of the flamingo were impressed by dame Blanche" which shows the dramatic nature of the scene. For the third paragraph I did the changed opinion on Blanche which basically is how Mitch no longer wants to marry her " I don't think I want to marry you anymore your not clean enough to bring in the house with my mother" and when she also says that she " took her victims" I the hotel showing how primiscuous she is. The fourth paragraph I did changed opinion on Stanley so I had quotes like " meat" showing that at the start we see him as the provider for his family. After key scene we see him as evil and malicious "didn't once pull the wool over this boys eyes". For my theme paragraph I did theme of illusion Vs reality and used the quote " I don't want realism I want magic" . Hope these help.

ReputationRep:
    thanks so much, thats helped alot

ReputationRep:
    No problem! Streetcar is my favourite!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.