Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think Geog1 was unfair and they should lower the boundaries? watch

• View Poll Results: Low boundaries?
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    By unfair i mean, the 9 marks for eskers, in the text books its only stated for 3lines and there's no picture in the revision booklet, and the size of the dam picture.

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with the nine mark Esker question!! what did you think of the rest of the exam? there is 6 in my class and we all found most of it difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KIRSTYLOU)
    I totally agree with the nine mark Esker question!! what did you think of the rest of the exam? there is 6 in my class and we all found most of it difficult
    Eskers was just horrible! I think it was okay-ish for me, but there was a population question that kinda took me a while, the rivers bit was fine, except the picture they've used, i wear glasses but i dont have problems with small images but for the people that do have this problem must be horrible!

ReputationRep:
    Eskers was indeed! the rest of the paper had its up's and downs, rivers wasnt that bad but the rest of it wasnt great.
    Yeah the pictures were pretty small, and some of the diagrams we had never seen before so we didnt really know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully the boundaries will be lowered

ReputationRep:
    i think the rivers section was HORRIBLE! and erm i didn't really like that question for population with the map...

ReputationRep:
    I was very fortunate because we actually visited an Esker when doing fieldwork so I knew what to draw, I'd also gone over it about half an hour before the exam, however I do see how it could be considered unfair, it was a pretty tough paper, especially Rivers.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry,but i fail to see how asking a question on one of the main fluvioglaical landforms is unfair ? I thought the sketch was hard, however, certainly not unfair. On the whole i thought the paper was ok but differed from past papers, as there werent any data analysing questions and the 15 marker on dam's was odd as there wasnt that much to write. However, i expect grade boundaries will be even lower than usual !! 72/120 last summer for an A

ReputationRep:
    if you think that there wasn't enough in the revision guide, then you should of used google to help you. Information is out there, and you should be reading around the textbook, revision guide etc. They're not going to lower the grade boundaries, as there is no reason to. I put my guestimates for grade boundaries in the main thread. I would say A is going to be 70/120 or around there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schooltingz)
    Sorry,but i fail to see how asking a question on one of the main fluvioglaical landforms is unfair ? I thought the sketch was hard, however, certainly not unfair. On the whole i thought the paper was ok but differed from past papers, as there werent any data analysing questions and the 15 marker on dam's was odd as there wasnt that much to write. However, i expect grade boundaries will be even lower than usual !! 72/120 last summer for an A

The 15 marker wasnt on dams? It was on physical and human factors affecting river discharge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    if you think that there wasn't enough in the revision guide, then you should of used google to help you. Information is out there, and you should be reading around the textbook, revision guide etc. They're not going to lower the grade boundaries, as there is no reason to. I put my guestimates for grade boundaries in the main thread. I would say A is going to be 70/120 or around there.
    I don't think the paper was that hard - actually far easier than previous years, however A LOT of people, I would say half in my year, didn't finish on time and a huge proportion seemed to find it really difficult.

I reckon 68/120.

I don't understand why though full UMS is limited to 88 raw marks, or at least was in Jan 12 - thats only 73% and for someone to get 73% and another person 90% but to get the same equivalent marks isn't fair in my opinion, the grade boundaries for this paper are already obscenely low - why is Economics 75% for an A and is a harder subject and Geog is 60-65%!

Religious Studies for OCR - an A is almost 80%! And I find that the hardest of all my subjects. I think there should be a set % for all papers and the papers themselves should be assessed prior to the exam to make sure they are all of a similar difficulty.

Just my opinion anyways,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyBounce49)
    The 15 marker wasnt on dams? It was on physical and human factors affecting river discharge

oh yeah ahaha i remember that now !!! there was loads to write about that, don't understand what all the complaining is about :/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.