Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OK so at a pub I go to quite regularly (couple of times a week), one particular barmaid and I chat a fair bit, often throwing casual insults, and general 'banter'. However, whenever my friends see said conversations, they swear down that she is flirting with me! I don't see it that way myself, but I'm useless at spotting such things!

She's a couple of years older than me, and isn't the type I would usually go for per se, but we seem to get on quite well.

If I was to make a move, what should I do? Don't know if it would be a bit awkward or something to ask for her number or something! Just try and throw out some slightly more flirtatious lines, and see how she responds?

Help would be appreciated! http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/6.1/im...lies/smile.png Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I think a massive sign is asking about her relationship status in a subtle way... or mentioning the fact that you're single? if she responds flirtaciously, it really won't be awkward to ask for her number, or just suggest going for a drink when she's not working. If she's into you, she'll be certain to give you her number! good luck

(Original post by ava003)
    I think a massive sign is asking about her relationship status in a subtle way...
    I'm about as subtle as an air-raid! Is it not a bit cliche to ask 'Oh, what does your boyfriend think of this...?'. I always inwardly cringe for how obvious it is when I see it done on TV or something!

ReputationRep:
    hmm, well, it doesn't have to be that obvious or you could just be completely direct! As a girl, I would appreciate someone being direct- if she likes you, your confidence will make you even more irresistable in her eyes! Just flirt with her and then ask if it's possible to get her number, then I'm sure you can take it from there. Or, you could write your number down and pass it to her before you leave, that way it's up to her to take it to the next level good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.