Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, so I began a relationship with my ex in February, after 6 monthsof texting for every day. Eventually, at a party, he asked me out. Even before he'd asked me out, he'd say I was special, gorgeous, amazing etc. Anyway, when in the relationship, we wouldn't see each other that often; about once a week, but when we were out he was always very affectionate. Try not to throw up, but once, he called me his 'meaning to life'. Anyway, I did notice along the way a few odd things. For instance, I don't think he'd even mentioned me to his parents, he'd sometimes put me down a bit in-front of his best mate, or he sometimes wouldn't really say much if I walked past him at school, but I put that down to him being shy. Anyway, 2 and a half months later, he told me he needed to speak to me, and suddenly the way he typed changed and I knew something was up. Anyway, the next day we saw eachother. It was only when I had to keep prompting him, he finally said "it's not working out". I asked him why, and he kept apologising and saying he doesn't think we were working. When I left him to go home, he looked like, genuinely upset. Now it's been 2 weeks and we haven't spoken, and despite some of the things he did/said, and how socially awkward he is, I think I miss him. I miss what we had. Songs, some of my clothes, even smells all remind me of him. I still don't know why he ended it, considering he was the one who asked me out/kept telling me how amazing he thought I was. Even 2/3 days before he said we needed to talk, he sounded his usual complimentary, happy self. How does a guy change so much virtually overnight? Did I do anything wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he got freaked out by commitment? Is this his first relationship? It sounds like he didn't know how to handle it, and was perhaps a bit immature. It happens to lots of guys. Don't focus on it too much, give it time and he may want another go. All I can suggest is you do stuff to take your mind off it like spending time with your friends.

Break ups suck but both times I've been through them (both after 18-22 month relationships) I got by with my friends rallying round me and buried myself in coursework.

Good luck, PM if you want to talk.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like you had a lot of time to build your hopes up before you started going out. Maybe there's another woman or maybe he just found it wasn't what he imagined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosee92)
    Maybe he got freaked out by commitment? Is this his first relationship? It sounds like he didn't know how to handle it, and was perhaps a bit immature. It happens to lots of guys. Don't focus on it too much, give it time and he may want another go. All I can suggest is you do stuff to take your mind off it like spending time with your friends.

Break ups suck but both times I've been through them (both after 18-22 month relationships) I got by with my friends rallying round me and buried myself in coursework.

Good luck, PM if you want to talk.
    Yeah, although he's older than me, it was his first relationship. Yeah, better just keep going with the revision I suppose -_- :rolleyes:
    Well thank-you, and sorry to hear about your breakups too:no:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mma_gal96)
    Yeah, although he's older than me, it was his first relationship. Yeah, better just keep going with the revision I suppose -_- :rolleyes:
    Well thank-you, and sorry to hear about your breakups too:no:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, exams are more important I know how it feels to constantly have mixed signals from guys, it drives you crazy and you deserve someone who doesn't mess with your feelings like that. You'll also have all summer to get over him (I'm presuming this because you said you were at school) and you'll feel better soon enough, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosee92)
    Yes, exams are more important I know how it feels to constantly have mixed signals from guys, it drives you crazy and you deserve someone who doesn't mess with your feelings like that. You'll also have all summer to get over him (I'm presuming this because you said you were at school) and you'll feel better soon enough, trust me.
    Thank-you, and yeah, still at school:yes: I hope you're right, and I get over it all quickly :cool:Still, I'll never know the real reason, but I've asked him once, and I'm not going to keep asking :sigh: ain't nobody got time fo' dat!:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's been a month today that it happened, and I think I still miss him! What am I supposed to doooo? :rolleyes::no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 29, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.