Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently in year 12 and I'm hoping to study Architecture at an okay Uni - Looking at Manchester (joint course with Met.),
    UCL (doubt I'll get in .. so I might not even reply & the teaching is so-so apparently),
    Kent (a new one on my list but it looks good)
    Edinburgh (entry requirements are low ish for archy, considering it's a good Uni)
    Cardiff (again, unsure.. but I do like the city :/)

and a couple others.
    But basically, I've tried to 'hit the ground running' at the start of this year .. oh BTW subjects I'm taking are: Fine Art [WJEC], Maths [EDEXCEL], Product Design - 3D Design [AQA], Physics [AQA]. and General Studies ~ lol. - complusory.

But anyways, yeah.. I got sidetracked [bad thing]. and some family issues started during my revision period [Mid. November] and so I didn't do well at all in my January exams: -

Maths C1 - D
    Physics P1 - U
    DT Prod1: C

meh.. I'm resitting all of these this time round so hopefully I get to have at least all D's so I can continue with the subjects I end up choosing [which I'll discuss later]

But basically.. I've revised lots for the C1 resit and after looking at model answers on YouTube.. I think the best is that I've got a very low B/ definitely C?..
    Physics - revision is going okay.. definitely hard to do more because of exams back to back.
    DT: sat the exam this morning.. tbh I think I'll still get a C this time round, despite knowing a bit more stuff.

Umm.. for reference - GCSE grades are 6 A*'s, 5 A's 4 B's.

So my question is:- with these grades and fingers crossed by the end of A2 I'll hopefully get at least ABB [Fine art, Physics, Maths respectively], or AAB [Fine art, DT and either maths or physics] , will I be able to get into the Universities mentioned above? :/ I know I wouldn't be a very desired applicant.. but.. eh. :/ and I don't have proof on the family issues either.. but I don't have any intentions on blaming anyone but myself

Many thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.