Words you wish people would stop using Watch

ReputationRep:
    "y'all" irritates me

ReputationRep:
    You

ReputationRep:
    not a word exactly but "YOLO"

ReputationRep:
    many words come to mind but when people go all caps and use improper grammar really really annoys me
    "FUK" and "dat" is probably the worst words ever; no one should consider the use of such words...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Literally

ReputationRep:
    people who say the following:

1.safe
    2.init
    3.summit(something)
    4. period
    5. defo
    6. uni

ReputationRep:
    imo (in my opinion) - people just use it before they spout some idiotic comment.

ReputationRep:
    yaldi
    yea boi
    lad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The phrase "could of" rather than "could have" or "could've." Same goes for would, should, might etc. I get that it sounds the same when you say it out loud, but typing it does not make any sense!

Also, I get confused by and am slightly afraid of the word "jokes" as in "That is so jokes," because it makes me feel like I have finally reached the age where I am too old to use new slang. When a friend of mine said it the other day I cringed inside. I'm only 23! I'm too young to be old!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about particular words but I seriously wish people would stop saying 'she wants the D'. It wasn't even funny the first time around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    I don't know about particular words but I seriously wish people would stop saying 'she wants the D'. It wasn't even funny the first time around.
    i second this, god its annoying

amazeballs, epic, and i hate when people comment on "OMG 69 people on line SO FUNNY", It really is not funny at all. I don't understand how people find a number so amusing.

ReputationRep:
    I hate when people say "that's what she said" after everything you say arghhhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'Init' really annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    man
    it's like every 2 secs i hear it

ReputationRep:
    To be fair....

ReputationRep:
    c***

ReputationRep:
    Snog,

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it when people say 'unconsciously' when they mean 'subconsciously'. If you say unconsciously, I imagine you literally passed out on the floor.

ReputationRep:
    "Mate"

ReputationRep:
    'Basically' and 'obviously' at the start of EVERY SINGLE sentence.

The word 'snog' should be eradicated from all of humanity right now.

There are so many awesome old English words that should definitely be reborn, they are so fun to say e.g to be drunk/hungover - to be philogrobolised. Also love the words 'quafftide' and 'wamblecropft'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.